HP guesses in the new year.....

So you mean just enough :cool:

Doesn't really work that way. If you can't get the compressor up on it's efficiency map then it doesn't perform well. Bigger is not better unless that is actually what you need. A system of matched components is the goal here.

2 weeks later and still no pictures.

Ever since Corey built his first turbo setup I've wanted to know what a bone stock 95 auto and just add a turbo and exhaust could do. And keeping air conditioning.

A couple pictures for the impatient ones. :)

IMG_3452a.jpg

IMG_3464a.jpg

It really is a lot easier to work on than a supercharged SC, that's for sure.

A turbo setup that spools like my 3.5 EcoBoost would be nice lol but I know
that is s pipe dream considering the tiny turbos on the truck. I actually have a turbo
grind in my car now. I run 3.73s and a 2800stall non locking aod I am curious if I would
have to make any changes to that setup to utilize a turbo. .

Part of the transition will include a converter change for auto cars. Then all else is dependent on your goals/expectations. Spool is dependent on a decent amount of specs, but it will make power regardless of what you have. Optimization is a tricky concept.

The stall speeds that guys currently run for blower cars is too low, so it definitely will be for turbos. Since you don't get boost as quick with a turbo, you'll need to help it by loosening it up. Converter requirements are more dynamic for turbo setups than NA or blower engines.

I think some people are silly on when they want power to come in. Like, 2500 RPM? There's no feasibility there. So if you have a turbo that spools at 3000RPM (or 3500 even), then you'll need to set up your car to accommodate for that. Your car will be faster, the higher RPM your operating range is, regardless. You can realistically expect these engines to make 500rwhp with a 3000RPM spool speed, given a proper setup. Converting over to turbo with a given any setup, it won't be a guaranteed.

Another thing to consider is that once you get to the 400+rwhp range, premium pump gas isn't a very robust or reliable fuel to use. You assume risk with a turbo because you can easily turn boost up to make 500+whp, but pump gas wont support it. A big turbo kind of helps things in the detonation world because they spool when piston speeds are high, thus the cylinder pressures are lower. In other words....CORN.

cleeeean

that thing looks top shelf!! SCU does it again. You're a lucky young man Phil! is this the car with the 6 speed swap?

Back