1995 SC Auto For Sale

ThunderTurkey

View attachment 66650View attachment 66650I have a black 95 SC Automatic, with a tan interior and a sunroof in rust - free Arizona !
This car was purchased from an individual in Texas back in 2013, so I've owned for about 3 years. The guy I bought it from bought it from his friend, who had the motor rebuilt by a professional shop( I did see receipts for a 3.8 rebuild), but apparently he did the motor install. Here is what has been done to the motor right before I bought it :
NEW :
head gaskets (felpro) ARP head studs of course whole upper gasket kit (felpro) The heads were hot tanked, checked for warp, mag particle checked for cracks, and valve job, even the intake manifold was tanked to remove old carbon and oil rebuilt supercharger, new seals and bearings. BHJ harmonic balancer SFI approved. Neutral balanced aluminum underdrive pullies spark plug wires and plugs alternator, power steering pump, water pump, starter, motor mounts, and all three belts (gates), all three tensioner pullies (dayco), most cooling system hoses, a/c compressor, drier, liquid line w/ orifice tube, low pressure switch, and blower motor, battery and M.A.F. Sensor New suspension work ; ball joints, tie rod ends and swaybar endlinks, early SC chrome wheels and tires are very good !

Problems the vehicle has :
may need front brakes soon, altho no pulling when stopping ABS pump motor dead, getting voltage to pump but not coming on ($85 at Rock Auto) odometer quit at 120,xxx, and headliner is sliced and ripped. paint faded on top, trunk lid, and hood is checked
More info :
transmission shifts good, no slipping A/C blows only cool . . . . heater works well New pioneer radio, but not completely hooked up correctly tires are in good condition body is in great shape - NO rust at all ! sunroof works good, no leaks interior looks good(except for headliner), no cracks in dash, and driver seat bolster is in good shape

F.A.Q.
Q. How many miles do you think are actually on the car? A. I have no clue. I used to drive it once a week to work to get it out of the garage for about a year. I guess I put approx 1,000 miles on it driving it 50 miles a week for the year that I was driving it.
Q. Is the car driveable? A. Yes, though I would not want to drive it in any remote areas in case it becomes difficult to start due to a battery that has become rather weak over months of unuse.
Q. Why don't you fix it and keep it? A. After a recent surgery I am unable to drive or work on the car, so I would rather see this car go to someone who will fix it and take care of it rather than have it sit in my garage.
Q. How is the transmission? A. I am no transmission expert. It shifts crisp, no slipping. I changed the fluid and filter. No shavings in the bottom of the pan. Seems GTG
I think this would make a great car for some one willing to pick up a wrench and give it a little TLC.

I'm am asking $2,000 for it, and am somewhat flexible on the price, although there is just about double that invested in it. If there is no interest in it, I'll try eBay next.
(Additional Pics added of anything, by request)

Attachments

• 1995SC1.jpg
    1995SC1.jpg
    413.1 KB · Views: 1,257
  • 1995SC2.jpg
    1995SC2.jpg
    401.7 KB · Views: 1,242
  • 1995SC3.jpg
    1995SC3.jpg
    238.5 KB · Views: 1,219
  • 1995 SC engine.jpg
    1995 SC engine.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 1,205
  • 1995 SC seats.jpg
    1995 SC seats.jpg
    394.1 KB · Views: 1,203
Last edited:
beautiful, clean car there! I dig the chrome wheels. AFA the dead ABS pump. Did you pull a code on that? I'm getting a 67, and that's not and easy one to debug. I think it's down to the controller (computer) or the pump.

good luck on the sale!

BTW, $2000 is a steal. I hope you get a member to buy it. ebay seems a shame

Thanks JonS~
The chrome wheels came off a beautiful 1992 being parted out due to blown head gaskets. ABS light doesn't come on until you apply the brakes, and the Stealership said they would be GLAD to fix it for me, because the parts would be cheap . . . but their labor I was informed is over a hundred an hour!:eek: Local garage mechanic told me ABS is not needed in Arizona.:confused:

Thanks JonS~
The chrome wheels came off a beautiful 1992 being parted out due to blown head gaskets. ABS light doesn't come on until you apply the brakes, and the Stealership said they would be GLAD to fix it for me, because the parts would be cheap . . . but their labor I was informed is over a hundred an hour!:eek: Local garage mechanic told me ABS is not needed in Arizona.:confused:

1995Headliner.jpg

So far, a few of the local riceburner-gearheads stopped by asking what that "whine" was whenever it was floored :rolleyes:... they claimed it would sound a LOT meaner if I knocked the mufflers and cats off. :mad: HMmmmmmmm ..... One guy even asked, after looking at the headliner, if there was ever a knife-fight in the car! :eek: HELP ! ! Are these cars SO WORTHLESS I have to let it go for $1,600 to kids that will trash it?? :confused:

I want it !!

My taxes is coming . I want to buy it . My Thunderbird was screwed out of my hands . That is my dream car Super Coupe years .

My taxes is coming . I want to buy it . My Thunderbird was screwed out of my hands . That is my dream car Super Coupe years .

TAGS were up today(15th), and had to take it down to emissions . . . . PASSED with flying colors!! Vegas is about ... what, 5 hours from here, and if it were me, I would either catch a one-way flight or a Greyhound, and just drive it home. Think about it! Any pics you'd like of anything specific, or any other questions? Just let me know ! :)

1995 SC Auto For Sale * * * * * S O L D * * * * * ! ! ! !

Car has been SOLD to some Maniacs down the street! I expect to see it in a Demolition Derby sometime over the summer!

if you look at the back the letters on the bumber are not painted white on this one... so it might be another car??

Early style polished wheels, check
Redtop battery, check
Unpainted intercooler, check
CAI, check
Beat tan leather, check

Maybe some work was done but it's the same car.

Car has been SOLD to some Maniacs down the street! I expect to see it in a Demolition Derby sometime over the summer!

I would venture to guess it went this way.

weeeeeeeee so much fun ! POP ! What was that? A head gasket? Ooops time to trade in the car.

how would you pop them after they were just done, and now the cars has ARP head studs. Those help at least a little in keeping them from popping. I wonder who bought it for 2200$. I hope someone completes more work on the car. That is the same car, someone took the time painted it, replaced or repaired the headliner and probably expected more money then they got for it.

Anyone know where it landed?

I like how stealerships don't advertise odometer malfunctions....:mad:

Glad they didn't make much off it at least. Hopefully someone will take care of it.

Back