What's new?

LOL, no one posts here any more.......

White SC, a couple of new NOS pieces for it.
Silver SC, some small engine upgrades, body work on drivers door, new front and rear bumper covers and paint.
Blue SC, still stripping the peeling clear coat off, working the Mark VIII interior install, Cobra front brakes, paint and some engine upgrades.

My black car still has racing fuel in it from the Shootout. We had a mini heat wave last weekend and I almost took it for a spin. Instead of that, I took down some of my Christmas Lights.

ive been taking my transmission out repeatedly... because i am incompetent. these cars are fun, aren't they?

So much fun! I've been calling Jim bugging him about air/fuel troubleshooting for a while now lol. I think we might finally have it figured out. I realize that in saying this I will probably have to pull the motor and rebuild it.....

Last edited:
Met a guy on TCCOA that picked up a nice 1993 5.0:
http://forums.tccoa.com/5-newbie-forum/179490-my-bird-stage-1-a.html

Bought a 1997 with an Allen SC kit on it last October, has been a disaster since and sits in my driveway. Might work on it some more this weekend.

Getting ready to retire my trusty but oh so rusty 1996 Thunderbird. The front brackets for rear subframe are now detached from the body on both sides, with the main mounting points about to follow. I'll be parting it out next month if anyone needs anything.

Having a lot more fun working our latest vehicle; 1997 Mountaineer AWD 5.0; Cleaned the interior up, full tune-up (much needed), replaced ball joints up front, and have a new set of tires ready to go on. It will be my DD going forward.

Anyone want to buy a Supercharged 4.6 Thunderbird? :rolleyes:

Thomas

P.S. Facebook is really horrible; sad it is killing off the forums :(

Last edited:
Just started dinking around with my car in the evenings for an hour here and an hour there. Not much progress yet. Working on two supercharger projects at work during the week and one weekend day a week am reworking an old car trailer to a modern tilt bed trailer. Other than that Im just doing nothing

Ken

Broke my crankshaft last fall (the Thursday after the Shootout)...shopping around for parts and/or motors.....:D

I actually drove mine to lunch and dinner yesterday with my boys. Put about 70 miles on it. The old tires on cold pavement is ridiculous. IMG_20170225_181305_731.jpg

Mine has been in the garage since last time I raced it. Planning a road trip to OH in a few weeks for a few upgrades and some additional tuning to get it ready for the 2017 Hot Rod Power Tour.

14633156_1230260330390591_8447680885349948460_o.jpg

14570675_1230260157057275_8851621926315659215_o.jpg

Track 4.jpg

David

Haven't done anything to mine except drive it. I get it out at least a couple times every week...actually just got back from a good rip in it. I plan to wash it and give it a once over before hitting the road for the HRPT in a few months, but that's about it.

I've been pretty wrapped up in putting this thing together with/for my Dad.

Rebuilding my motor while I've added a 2.1 kennel bell big bore supercharger. Also upgraded the suspension with an aje subframe and coil over suspension. Motor will be back next week only ken knows on the supercharger ÷).

Been fiddling with my bird all winter. Found out 100LL works wonders. Started a couple threads over in the tech forum.

Took my bird out on a Sunday drive and passed an anniversary sc heading southbound on the Kennedy north of downtown. Anybody here?

Been to the junkyards and MN-12's are near extinction. Can't believe, a few years ago upullit was stocked full of them. Stock up on parts if you find one.

Been busy working a lot of side jobs, hope to clear up this summer and do some cruises and car shows.

JJ

Back