Best way to analize a 95 SC siezed motor.

Creighton

So, researching how to get the best peek at what all is busted/broken. Pull the motor or the most of lower the sub-frame assemblies just to get the oil pan off?.
Leaning towards just pulling the engine.
Any comments welcome and Thanks!
Creighton

It's done

It's done, pull the motor and plan on rebuild. At this time it dose not matter what caused it. Pull it from top. Be sure to remove cowl at windshield.

Last edited:
Thanks!
Sorting options. Looks like might be better off spending funds on rebuilding a 2001 or so 3.8. Not finding much information if the aluminum heads/super charger/other bits will be direct bolt on?
Creighton

Thanks!
Sorting options. Looks like might be better off spending funds on rebuilding a 2001 or so 3.8. Not finding much information if the aluminum heads/super charger/other bits will be direct bolt on?
Creighton
It would be better for you to find a used sc motor or take that one to David Dalke for a rebuild.

Thanks!
Ohio would be a ship for me. Not a big problem.
Looks like 2001's blocks have better support on lower end with windage tray and girdel (sp) factory.
Reason for asking. Just no information how all bits would mate up.
Best all,
Creighton

Last edited:
I've been told there were approx. 200 differences between the SC engines and stock block 3.8s of that time.

If you have your crank done, as an example, be sure the shop is aware of the required cut on one (?) main...

I'm sure Dave can get you what you need, in any case.

As for scrapers/trays/girdles, those were standard with late model SC motors, so you should already be there.

Floating piston/pin/rod as well.

It's better to e-mail Dave, he's a busy guy, and may not check his PM's daily.

Adam

Q: "Best way to analize[sic] a 95 SC siezed motor"?

A: Lots and lots of lube. :)

Sorry, I couldn't resist.
-g

LOL !!
It will be PBlaster and Kroil. May have spellng wrong. Another 12" of snow here so the 95 won't be in the compound anytime soon. :-(.
Creighton

Attachments

• IMG_5339.JPG
    IMG_5339.JPG
    42.2 KB · Views: 96
Back