93+ Spindles

Matt_aka_Dale

SCCoA Member
The better brakes are available for the 93+ spindles, and I know the slight difference between the 89+ and 93+, but is the bolt pattern still the same?

The better brakes are available for the 93+ spindles, and I know the slight difference between the 89+ and 93+, but is the bolt pattern still the same?

The bolt pattern is on the hub and bearing assembly; and both use the same hub and bearing, so ...

Unless you swap to the Mustang hub, then THAT'S different, but that fits either spindle.

RwP

Actually the hub is not the same. The bolt pattern is the same, but the center bore is slightly different where the rotor sits on the hub. I think the later ones have the larger bore, so if you try to install the earlier rotors on the later hubs, they won't sit flush and it will warp the hell out of them, so when you swap the spindles, you will need to get some 93+ rotors as well.

Actually the hub is not the same. The bolt pattern is the same, but the center bore is slightly different where the rotor sits on the hub. I think the later ones have the larger bore, so if you try to install the earlier rotors on the later hubs, they won't sit flush and it will warp the hell out of them, so when you swap the spindles, you will need to get some 93+ rotors as well.

Huh.

Well, the split is from 1990 to 1991 according to Moog, Timken, and Motorcraft .. I Did Not Know This.

(1989/1990 use one assembly, 1991-1997 Tbird/Cougar and 1993-1998 Mark VIII use a different one.)

RwP

I do know that I'll need to get different rotors. I just hope it works with the hub centric rings I have on my wheels.

Must be one of the reasons for the rim change starting in 93. I never payed attention to the hub bore between years before.

Back