Scp vs spinning wheels interior kits

neverfastenough

Pros, cons, guys that own both? Is there a 3rd company I don't know about?

Doing some repairs inside my car and I'm really tempted to toss some new carpet and upholstery.

Would like to do leather, with contrast centers.

As for 3rd company, I'd suggest to ask around and see what local shops can offer - sometimes the work is very high for a favorable price. Remember, the kits you buy are on you to install, and a poor install is something you'll be faced to live with every time you get in the car.

As for 3rd company, I'd suggest to ask around and see what local shops can offer - sometimes the work is very high for a favorable price. Remember, the kits you buy are on you to install, and a poor install is something you'll be faced to live with every time you get in the car.

I've checked the local route, within and hr, and there's just no one I trust. I live is any area with a very small car enthusiast following. I may trust one to install a kit, but not make me one.

I don't want to speak for SCP/Spinning Wheels but I would guess they are offering the kits from the same supplier, or at least very similar suppliers. I helped a friend install an interior kit from leatherseats.com and we really liked how they turned out. The quality of the leather was better than OEM and fitment was just as good. That was on an f-body though which has far simpler seat design, but it's probably not that much worse for the SC seats.

They are custom but I don't know for sure who made them. I think Dave said they came out of a different car that was parted out IIRC, so he couldn't say for sure either.

OPOuNBD.jpg

Last edited:
I got my seats at a highly recommended local shop, and I paid more than twice what the SCP kits cost cost. However, I dont think the quality of mine is much different from SCP kits that I have seen on other cars at the shootout. If I had to do it over again, I would have gone with the SCP seats. I got my carpet at stockinteriors.com The carpet looks a lot better than my old carpet, but the mats that I purchased tend to generate fuzz bunnies where my feet rest. My interior is navy, and neither the seats or carpet were exact color matches. But overall Im happy with how the interior turned out.

SCint01.jpg
SCint02.jpg
acc carpet.jpg

How was the fitment, tough to get it up under dash?

I've heard most issues are when trying to get the new carpet/backing/pad to form down inside the cavities/footwells in front of the back seat, and then over the hump. Heatgun is your friend with both the carpet and seat covers.

Last edited:
Corey mine came from scc and the guy is out on the east coast somwhere, NJ I think. The good think about him is he was able to do my dash door panels etc in the same material.

It was 4 years ago, I dont remember having much trouble with the dash area... you can see where i taped off compared to the old carpet... I laid the old carpet on top of the new carpet to tape it. I was really careful not to cut too much, which is very important. The fitment is decent overall. The rear footwell seems a little baggy. Some of that may have to do with getting rid of the old jute padding (it was rank). Ive also read that the extra heavy backing (mass backing) can be harder to work with if you decide to get that route.

I have no experience with the mass backing, just remember reading that about it. I recommend the carpet, I think it makes the interior look a lot better, especially for $125 bucks. I bought some extra carpet to do the rear deck, but it didnt take long to fade a little, so i dont recommend doing that. And I dont love the mats for the reasons previous stated. The mats fit pretty good up front, but the rear ones didn't fit as good. That may also be related to the fitment in the rear foot wells. But nobody sits back there anyways... I even took the seat belts out of the back because they had faded too. You dont notice them now that they are gone, but I always noticed them when they were there.

SCPP kits

I did the premium anniversary kit in my anny from SCP. The back around the fold down was not made right. Sent my old one in and they made a match. Other then that it took some time but turned out very good. The black was a little grayish at first but after using conditioner on it ,it blackened up. The fit is good, but as stated before either heat gun or I used a steam gun to form and tighten up areas. Also added more foam on top of rear head rest bumps.

Mine are from Spinning Wheels. Only thing I notice is that after 6 or so years the back seat stitching had started separating. Otherwise the leather itself is real soft. I went perforated centers. Now I saw the kit in Bills car (SCP) and the leather seemed a bit thicker or more textured. From my understanding there may be several choices (for example a heavy duty kit which may explain the grainier texture). Installation is pretty straightforward. Only difficult part in my opinion was where the switches go...That was a PIA. I went with the best deal in the end. My leather was so hard it was a huge difference both in looks and feel.

Back