Sold 1995 Thunderbird SC highly modified automatic transmission

mywhite89

My wife is looking at selling her 95 Thunderbird SC. It makes it to the shootout almost every year, and when friends cars break it even does well at driving all the way home from Kentucky to northern Indiana. We have owned this car for around 7 years and I thrive on having every vehicle I own mechanically sound and ready to go wherever whenever. My wife and I have done almost all the work on this vehicle ourselves while the man, the myth, the legend Dave Dalke(DD) out of Ohio helped tune it. There is a softball size spot on the roof of the car that the paint is starting to slightly oxidize and it has a some very minor dings that would represent normal imperfections of a 20+ rear old vehicle with the factory paint. This car came from Alabama and has absolutely no rust anywhere, and it is stored every winter in a climate control building. It does not go out on the road until winter is over and salt has been washed from the roads! Last year at the 2016 shootout this car took peoples choice at the car show and first place in racing. It was on the dyno a few years ago and makes 400rwhp and runs consistant low 12's. Here are many of the modifcations:
-Aluminum mark VIII Diff w/3.73 gears and properly recalibrated speedo.
-2004 Mustang transmission built and bullet-proofed by Alan of dirty dog transmissions re-pinned electrical connectons to work with a supercoupe by me.
-3500 stall converter by Alan at dirty dog
-Freshened up bottom end of engine with new piston rings, bearings, custom ground DD spec camshaft, oil pump, timing chain, etc. No leaks or drips!
-Ported heads with larger intake and exhaust valves, upgraded valve springs spec'd by DD assembled, shimmed, and mic'd by me.
1.7 Kenne belle supercharger kit updated and fabricated to an SC
above all this, the car has every intake, exhaust, and pully bolt-on that you can think of.
Quarter horse chip
Firm sale price on this car is "sold" the way it sits. Please call or text me if you are interested. I'm not going to seel it for less than this price, so if that is out of your budget, then you may have to wait to buy it with a m90 if it doesn't sell and I'm sure that could knock off several thousand.

I am planning to sell the supercharger kit separate and install an M90 back on if I cannot sell the car complete. If that is the case, then the car will still be for sale for the cost difference of what I sell the blower kit for.

Attachments

• 075.jpg
    075.jpg
    297.1 KB · Views: 1,280
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    377.1 KB · Views: 1,001
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    362.6 KB · Views: 1,026
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    373.4 KB · Views: 1,022
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    237.2 KB · Views: 1,111
Last edited:
I've always loved this car, I've seen this thing at the shootout and it seems to run great in the low 12s I've always wondered with that list of mods what's holding it back from running in the 11s? Seems like the power is there what's left to get it over that hump?

Sharp

I saw u all at the shoot out also.
Impressive to say the least.......:cool:
That little woman can drive!
Sharp SC GLWTS

I think just tuning shift points and a looser converter would make it run 11's easily. Stall is more like a 2000 in reality. It comes out of the hole so soft but pulls very hard on the top end. Thanks for the compliments. We like the car, we just have too many cars and not enough enclosed space to keep it at the house. Probably drove this car 500 miles last year. When it's not at the house, I tend to not work on it! When I look at my cars in the garage, I tend to start taking things apart to make them faster!

Chris

Last edited:
sc

Tony, if you do pull the trigger on this you won't be sorry.

If I didn't put alot of money in my Blk 94 this last few months maybe I could. By the time he pulls the blower setup,I can save up for it lol.

I would sell the car for minus what I sold the blower for. I would probably stick a factory m90 in it. Be pretty sad to do that, but the car has a lot of valuable parts that make it Worthwhile to do if needed.

Back