AJE coilovers question

no164ford

I got a AJE k-member and lca's. Scraped up enough cast to order there coilover/spindle kit. I know a few people are running this. My question is what spring rate are you guys running? I know I should weigh the car but its in a million pcs up on jack stands.

still working on it as well.

When I ordered mine I asked some info and was told that this was the same setup as they put into a mustang gt.. I think they said sn95 body style. So if that is the case then we should be fine with this setup as the v8 is more weight than we are.... I think or hope....Rich

When I talked to AJE he said a stock Mustang v8 should run 200# and a lightweight one should run 150# on the front and suggested I go with the 150's for drag racing. Thing is I run drive my car most of the time and don't want the front end dragging on the road every time I hit a dip. I talked to Kevin Leithmen today he has 175's on his car and said they work fine. So I ordered them I guess I have to see what happens.

parts are getting hard to come by...

both the hubs and the locking nuts are on back order from Ford, there are two hubs that will work, but the less pricey one is on back order... Add to that the brake setup is also on back order till mid april.. go think??? oh well now I will have good brakes that will stop this thing when it is back together....Rich

I ordered with spindles that will accept Wildwood dynalite setup for a 1990 fox body v8. The Wilwoods come with hubs and bearings.

that is odd..

I ordered with spindles that will accept Wildwood dynalite setup for a 1990 fox body v8. The Wilwoods come with hubs and bearings.

mine does not come with the hubs. I just got the last hub from Ford about an hour ago... still waiting for the hub nuts.. I worked with the rep from wilwood for my setup and they said I had to get the hubs from Ford to finish this up...???? Got to see when that part of the order gets here....Rich

debating going to this setup soon as well. Do their spindles not accept factory hubs, brakes and calipers?

no they don't

debating going to this setup soon as well. Do their spindles not accept factory hubs, brakes and calipers?

They build the spindle to the "sn95" spec's so our stuff will not work. I never even tried to mount our parts to it. I did see that the brakes would not have anything to hook up to, so I just went with the mustang setup to make life better as well as change my bolt pattern to the more better 4 1/2 set up...Rich

They build the spindle to the "sn95" spec's so our stuff will not work. I never even tried to mount our parts to it. I did see that the brakes would not have anything to hook up to, so I just went with the mustang setup to make life better as well as change my bolt pattern to the more better 4 1/2 set up...Rich

Not sure why things wouldn't fit? Our cars take SN95 hubs as well as SN 95 calipers/brakes. For instance, a lot of us are running cobra hubs, calipers and rotors.

:confused:

maybe I didn't look at it right..

Not sure why things wouldn't fit? Our cars take SN95 hubs as well as SN 95 calipers/brakes. For instance, a lot of us are running cobra hubs, calipers and rotors.

:confused:

maybe I didn't look at it right. I did want to go to the 4 1/2 bolt pattern and that might be why I didn't mess with it. I had to go to the different hubs for that reason alone.. Now the brake upgrade is something that I have needed for a while on this car... so now I will have it... I also have come up with a different brake setup to help out the manual brake setup. By changing out the pedal with one that has a different stroke it helps how hard you have to push the pedal to get it to stop....Rich

maybe I didn't look at it right. I did want to go to the 4 1/2 bolt pattern and that might be why I didn't mess with it. I had to go to the different hubs for that reason alone.. Now the brake upgrade is something that I have needed for a while on this car... so now I will have it... I also have come up with a different brake setup to help out the manual brake setup. By changing out the pedal with one that has a different stroke it helps how hard you have to push the pedal to get it to stop....Rich

with that info, it looks like everything would be a direct swap over, assuming you are running 93+ brake components. These might be on my shopping list in the near future.:cool:

this car had nothing.

with that info, it looks like everything would be a direct swap over, assuming you are running 93+ brake components. These might be on my shopping list in the near future.:cool:

this was a 1990 with the stock brakes and spindle's on it. I was going to update the spindles and then went this way when I changed out the steering to up grade it..Now all I got to do is get everything put back in this car so I can drive it without steering issues, PLUS now I might have brakes that really stop this thing....Rich

When I talked to him I think he told me he makes the spindles ect. To fit your needs Thunderbird mustang camaro what ever you want. I got mine foe a fox not a sn95. They may be the same I'm not sure.

let me know how it goes.

When I talked to him I think he told me he makes the spindles ect. To fit your needs Thunderbird mustang camaro what ever you want. I got mine foe a fox not a sn95. They may be the same I'm not sure.

it took a while for mine to get made and shipped, so let me know how yours turns out.. Rich

Back