My new trailer

Kurt K

SCCoA Member
After a 34 hour bonsai trip to Valdosta, GA, I made it back home with Chris Wise's old trailer. Thanks again for meeting me in Valdosta. The trip was fairly uneventful, except for the 2 hour traffic delay in Atlanta--you know it's bad when google maps says there is a 1hr 40+ minute delay due to an accident, and you are still on the fastest route:eek: The roads are horrible in Kentucky and Illinois, and I swear some of the potholes should have given me more than 1 flat tire. Of course, there was the wildlife--I saw at least 8 deer (not counting a recent roadkill), and a coyote that had crossed the interstate in front of me and looked back at me as I drove by.

My 180k truck did pretty well, but did give me quite a workout (which I think helped keep me awake at the end).

truck-trailer_2017_04-09_xsm.jpg

I would have thought that I-55 to US 78 (I-22) would have been faster from ST Louis.

But ya you must consider your time when heading in ATL, only have a couple hour window in the morning and afternoon to avoid rush hours.

I highly recomend a anti sway bar(cheap) and a weight distibution hitch even with an f250 it will make
life alot better!

I would have thought that I-55 to US 78 (I-22) would have been faster from ST Louis.

But ya you must consider your time when heading in ATL, only have a couple hour window in the morning and afternoon to avoid rush hours.

I've been through Atlanta numerous times without these issues. Early Saturday afternoon historically hasn't been bad for me. Regardless, I survived. But this round-trip would have been much more tolerable when I was 20 years younger.

that bridge that burned down..

So was some of that traffic from that bridge that came down in the fire?? Well now you have made it to the big time with that trailer... Now you are going to need a bigger parking space when you go to the shoot out..lol.....Rich

Let me see if I have this right......

Chris lived about 15 minutes from you on the other side of St Louis.

When he moves he takes the trailer with him all the way to Miami.

A couple of weeks later you then need to drive 34 hours to bring it back to St Louis??

Sounds like some poor planning there.

My thought is Chris planned on keeping the trailer, but when he got to south FL the black trailer was way too hot. So now he needs a white one.:D

So was some of that traffic from that bridge that came down in the fire?? Well now you have made it to the big time with that trailer... Now you are going to need a bigger parking space when you go to the shoot out..lol.....Rich

Maybe a little of it, but it was mostly accidents. The bridge collapse was north of where I75 and I85 merge together downtown.

Let me see if I have this right......

Chris lived about 15 minutes from you on the other side of St Louis.

When he moves he takes the trailer with him all the way to Miami.

A couple of weeks later you then need to drive 34 hours to bring it back to St Louis??

Sounds like some poor planning there.

Chris used the trailer to move to Florida, so I didn't have the option of buying it while he was here (when he lived an hour from me). As a bonus, I was finally able to buy some Climax Moonshine.

Did someone say Climax Moonshine?
20170407_150821_zps7cz8t08g.jpg

I've been through Atlanta numerous times without these issues. Early Saturday afternoon historically hasn't been bad for me. Regardless, I survived. But this round-trip would have been much more tolerable when I was 20 years younger.

Just speaking as a former local.

But ya Saturday is usually ok.

Back