89 got it's second bath.

Creighton

Most of the pine needles/dirt dislodged from spots they will cause harm. Few bits need respray but overall very impressed how well the paint has held up and how these seem to not get dings. Count 3 on the 95 and 2 on the 89. Amazing.
Creighton

Attachments

• IMG_5639.jpg
    IMG_5639.jpg
    417.2 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_5637.jpg
    IMG_5637.jpg
    431.5 KB · Views: 80
Most of the pine needles/dirt dislodged from spots they will cause harm

HATE the pine needles. Be sure to clean out inside the GFX behind the front wheels (also open the door and look down past the hinge, into the well) and in front of/behind the rear wheels.

Looks good, tho...just in time for the next round of wet weather ;)

Ken

Thanks!
No love for the pine needles as well. Getting at least an idea of where the dirt hides. Fished a couple handfulls from the lower door hinge area. How do they find their way to that spot? GFX coming off both cars. Want to mend and wax the underneath paint and replace the steel screws with stainless steel.

Get the cleaning in between rain storms and can skip the rinse cycle :)
Creighton

Bet you are right.
Close race between the pine needles and Maple tree seeds for filling up the rear window channels :).
Creighton

Once they get into the GFX, they hold road grit and it builds up, then you end up with a mass that doesn't want to dry out.

Not to mention the trunk carpeting. A vacuum won't budge them once they lock in that material. Tweezers and a hand reverse-wrapped in painter's tape at that point.

Bad as all that is, the real p i t a is if they're allowed to get into the moonroof drains...which is another reason to clear the GFX in front of the rear wheels.

Good news is since I moved to Salem there aren't nearly so many pine trees where I live now - but I'm still finding them in the SC from living in Portland, and that's been two years. Suckers have a shelf life longer than MREs.

Back