1995 5-speed SC - Please close

JeffTBird93

1995 5 Speed SC
Electric Red Exterior
Grey Leather/Cloth Interior (minimal wear on driver's bolsters)
156,xxx miles (odometer has stopped)

For those that don't know me or the car. I bought this car about 3 years ago from a local kid with blown HG's, and everything else just badly worn out, literally everything. I've spent the past few years getting it to the condition it's in now, and this thing is a blast to drive...more fun than my previous 12 second 4.6 car. With the low end torque, the manual, and the super stiff suspension, it handles like it's on rails. Not sure what sort of power it makes, but if someone so desires, I have friends with a local dyno shop (I just haven't made it there yet). I've basically had the car entirely apart, and scrubbed clean, inside, out, and under the hood.

Here is the list of mods, and/or OEM parts that have been replaced in the past few years, all with less than 1000 miles on them:

Engine
Low Mileage Shortblock
Heads resurfaced, cleaned, and tested
Felpro Head Gaskets
ARP Head Studs (correct length Chevy kit, with wider ARP washers)
NPR Front Mount Intercooler
Custom Front Exit SC Top
Custom Intercooler Piping
Griffin High Capacity Radiator
Fender Mount CAI with K&N Cone Filter
Magnum Powers Tensioner Springs
Magnum Powers Blower Inlet
Ported 94/5 Blower, painted black
10% Aluminum OD Pulley
Aluminum Underdrive Crank Pulley (0 balance)
BHJ Harmonic Balancer
A/C Delete (NA 3.8 Tensioner and shorter belt, have original components except condensor)
Timing Chain/Gears
Autolite Plugs
Plug Wires
Power Steering Pump
Water Pump
PCV Valve
Motor Mounts
Valve Cover Gaskets
Intake Manifold Gaskets
Timing Cover Gaskets
Exhaust Manifold Gaskets
SCP Catless Downpipes
2-1-2 Exhaust with Flowmaster Resonator and Mufflers
180* Thermostat
O2 Sensors
190lph Walbro Fuel Pump
Fuel Filter
All rubber hoses and vacuum lines replaced
Moates Quarterhorse, tuned by Dave Dalke (conservative, safe tune)

Drivetrain
Transmission Mount
Correct Speedo Gear
LUK Clutch
Clutch Slave Cylinder (new style line fitting)
Rebuilt Stock Rear End with 3.31 Gears (from 94 auto SC)

Suspension/Steering
H&R Lowering Springs
Koni Adjustable Struts/Shocks (manual adjustment)
Strut Rod Bushings
Front Upper Control Arms
Front Lower Control Aarms
Front Hubs
Front Sway Bar Endlinks
Front Sway Bar Bushings
Steering Rack and Bushings
Power Steering Lines
Tie Rod Ends
Front Brakes and Rotors (OEM)
Rear Brakes and Rotors (OEM)
Rear Sway Bar Endlinks
Rear Strut Tower Brace (to be installed)

Exterior
Cobra Cowl Hood w/ Scoops
Stain Black Hoodpins (to be installed)
96/7 Headlights (OEM, polished, still kinda hazy)
96/7 Clear Corners
Black Bumper Letters (not installed yet)
96/7 Sport Wheels with Tbird Logo Center Caps, Plastidipped Black
Uniroyal Tires, plenty of life left, slightly smaller size than stock

Interior
Autometer Gauges (Volts, Coolant Temp, Oil Pressure, Fuel Pressure, Boost)
Innovate Wideband
Ignition Switch
Heater Core
Clutch Pedal Bushing
Black Suede Shift Boot with Red Stitching
2” Gloss Black Shift Knob
New Pioneer Bluetooth Headunit
Pioneer Speakers
Kenwood 600w Amp
12" Alpine Type-R 12" Sub

Now, for the bad, or stuff that still needs done:
-Body needs some polishing/fixing. Front bumper is faded and has some gouges, rear bumper has fading, usual door dings, decent dent in front of taillight on driver's side. Rockers are solid on it though.

-Small patch of rust underneath, by the driver side muffler, bottom area of the trunk, hard to explain.

-Ignition and door keys don't match.

-Transmission has slight leak from the input shaft (few drips after sitting for a day).

-Transmission shifts smooth during normal driving, 2nd grinds slightly during hard/spirited shifts.

-Small crack on dash near passenger door.

-Exhaust has a few sections of flex pipe and connectors, does have a few leaks, but still sounds good.

-Had a crack in the firewall around heater core opening. Crack was drilled at the end, welded shut, and then JB Weld'd over the whole thing.

-Odometer doesn't work. I do have the replacement gears, just need to install them.

-No trunk key.

Also have a new Comp Cam, roller rockers, valve springs, oversized stainless valves that will go with it.

I'm sure I'm forgetting something...I'll update with anything I remember. Overall the car is pleasant to drive. I rebuilt it with the intention of it being reliable, and it is just that. You can beat on the car, and it takes it in stride...no issues. I would honestly feel comfortable taking this car on a long trip.

Asking price is $3,000.

New pictures will follow in a day or two.we

Attachments

• 14045822_10100232882349209_7889416866218563780_n.jpg
    14045822_10100232882349209_7889416866218563780_n.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 2,506
  • 15356728_10100284112443689_2386814019280798906_n.jpg
    15356728_10100284112443689_2386814019280798906_n.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 2,441
Last edited:
Do you have more pictures? Engine bay? Where you repaired the firewall as well as some interior pictures? I am currently looking at a few and really do like yours.

I lost my login for my old account but if you search krazyt that was my old account so ive been around for a long long time.

Thank you!

I do have some more pics on my phone that I haven't uploaded yet. At work now and won't be home til this evening late. If you want, PM me your cell number or email and I can text/email the ones I have. Pretty sure I remember your old board name from back in the day heh.

I would say pretty good condition. Dash has a small crack near the passenger door, not very noticeable. Wear on the bolsters is minimal. There is a hole drilled in the center console where the previous owner had a switch mounted. Send me a message with your number and I can send you some pics.

Also, as of today, installing a ported blower with a Magnum Powers inlet.

Bump, motivated to sell now. Recently acquired a new Comp Cam, roller rockers, valve springs, oversized valves, and a few other pieces that will go with it.

Price lowered again. Would like to see this go to someone here. Any lower and I'd make more selling parts, which I really don't wanna do.

If I had the time or ability to get it I would buy now. Hope it goes to a good home. My hunt for one closer to home continues...

Back