Road trip to SCU with my 91 SC

David Neibert

SCCoA Admin
Road trip to SCU inc & TI Dyno a few weeks ago with Kathy to get my SC ready for Hot Rod Power Tour. Got the new MTX-L wideband installed, gauge pod rewired, new QH chip installed, new set of shocks installed and then we put it on the dyno to check the tune. Everytime we went WOT the voltage dropped about 3 volts and that was making it go lean. Tried swapping batteries, and switching to a larger alternator pulley for more belt grip but neither worked, so we switched from the custom built 6G alternator, to a stock SC alternator. That corrected the voltage issue and we were able to dial in the tune. Big thanks to my awesome wife Kathy Neibert for making the trip with me and to David Dalke and Kevin Cragon for all the hours of work they put in Saturday. Oh yeah, ended up pulling 466 rwhp on "The Dream Crusher" with my street tune which is about what I expected.

Here are some pictures I took.

Attachments

• SCU 00.jpg
    SCU 00.jpg
    233.2 KB · Views: 414
  • SCU 01.jpg
    SCU 01.jpg
    250.4 KB · Views: 404
  • SCU 02.jpg
    SCU 02.jpg
    350.7 KB · Views: 409
  • SCU 03.jpg
    SCU 03.jpg
    307.6 KB · Views: 402
  • SCU 04.jpg
    SCU 04.jpg
    236.2 KB · Views: 403
More pics...

Attachments

• SCU 05.jpg
    SCU 05.jpg
    261.2 KB · Views: 403
  • SCU 06.jpg
    SCU 06.jpg
    233.1 KB · Views: 392
  • SCU 07.jpg
    SCU 07.jpg
    180.4 KB · Views: 397
  • SCU 08.jpg
    SCU 08.jpg
    342.8 KB · Views: 395
  • SCU 09.jpg
    SCU 09.jpg
    323.3 KB · Views: 400
More pics.....

Attachments

• SCU 10.jpg
    SCU 10.jpg
    241.7 KB · Views: 399
  • SCU 11.jpg
    SCU 11.jpg
    267.4 KB · Views: 398
  • SCU 12.jpg
    SCU 12.jpg
    317.7 KB · Views: 392
  • SCU 13.jpg
    SCU 13.jpg
    264.5 KB · Views: 397
  • SCU 14.jpg
    SCU 14.jpg
    264.5 KB · Views: 388
More pics....

Attachments

• SCU 15.5.jpg
    SCU 15.5.jpg
    294.5 KB · Views: 391
  • SCU 15.jpg
    SCU 15.jpg
    293.3 KB · Views: 393
  • SCU 16.jpg
    SCU 16.jpg
    265.7 KB · Views: 382
  • SCU 17.jpg
    SCU 17.jpg
    310.1 KB · Views: 388
  • SCU 18.jpg
    SCU 18.jpg
    250.5 KB · Views: 379
Wernt you at 499 rwhp? Was that on another dyno besides the dream crusher. Do you have the manual valve body?

Ken

Ken,

Yes, 499 on a regular Dynojet with my race fuel tune that has 3 degrees more timing. This 466 was with my street tune on the "Dream Crusher" and is about what I expected. We were also doing back to back to back pulls working on the Air Fuel Ratio after big voltage changes from doing alternator swap, and not really letting it cool off much between pulls. Race tune on the same dyno several years ago made a best of 484 rwhp, so I expect it will still pull right around 500 rwhp on a dynojet w/race tune.

No manual VB on this car. Lentech level 2 Street Terminator with OD delete.

David

Last edited:
Ken,

Yes, 499 on a regular Dynojet with my race fuel tune that has 3 degrees more timing. This 466 was with my street tune on the "Dream Crusher" and is about what I expected. We were also doing back to back to back pulls working on the Air Fuel Ratio after big voltage changes from doing alternator swap, and not really letting it cool off much between pulls. Race tune on the same dyno several years ago made a best of 484 rwhp, so I expect it will still pull right around 500 rwhp on a dynojet w/race tune.

No manual VB on this car. Lentech level 2 Street Terminator with OD delete.

David

Just curious if a manual valve body has less slippage due to higher internal pressures. I still have yet to experience the manual valve body in my car until I get it fired up here in the near future

Ken

Just curious if a manual valve body has less slippage due to higher internal pressures. I still have yet to experience the manual valve body in my car until I get it fired up here in the near future

Ken

Ken,

I don't think there will be any difference you can feel with the internal slippage of transmission. If I read the specs correctly, the fixed line pressure with the full manual isn't actually as high as the TV cable operated variable pressure at WOT, but it's much higher at part throttle. Converter slippage will make it hard to feel anyway. That said I think you will really like the full manual VB and trans brake.

David

Looks great David! Who all is going on the Power Tour this year?

-Tim

Thanks Tim.

Looks like Me, Kurt K and Tony S will all be doing the Long Haul (all 7 cities) and a few others (like Rod M with the really nice XR7) have said they were going to do a couple stops.

David

Last edited:
Slick power dist box cover by the battery.is that a one off pc or something someone made/makes by the batch.

Great pix! Who made that cover for the Teves II brake fluid reservoir?

The polished aluminum reservoir cover was made by Ken Wagner. (sccoa ID is kenewagner)

garage_attachment.php

David

Last edited:
Back