iPhone/ android/ MP3 player hook up to the original stereo solution

Falcon20x

I realize that most people would rather upgrade to a nicer and more modern equipment. However, for people like me who want to keep the car as close as possible to the original equipment and yet would like enjoy a few of the modern features available on the new cars today, I was wondering if anyone had come up with a solution?

If not,I have developped a low cost solution allowing the use of any devices such as iPod, MP3 player or smart phone to be hooked up to the original premium stereo system. As a bonus, it can be build so there is no wiring harness splicing required, it is plug and play. In addition the radio, cassette and CD system features are still operating as normal.
Anyone interested?

I'm definitely interested in hearing more about this. However, with as little as I drive my Anniversary and 1995, I'm not sure I need the additional sound option.

Waiting on one part to come in. I will post a video of the set up.
Meanwhile I added a keyless remote door lock to the car and a auto dim - compass - temp mirror :D. No key pad on the door required :cool:
mirror.jpg
remote key less.jpg

WATCH THE VIDEO HERE
/watch?v=7yprHOo8crU"]//www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yprHOo8crU[/URL]

As I am going to swap in a new dash to my 91 and it has the original radio I would like to do something like this before it goes in.

As I am going to swap in a new dash to my 91 and it has the original radio I would like to do something like this before it goes in.
Hoping to receive the last part this week.

I will post an update with final cost as soon as it is done.

MP3 iPhone auxiliary input added to the original system

Sorry it took me so long to ge this done. I finally finished the prototype. I need to do a some clean up but you will get the idea watching the following video. This works with no wire hacking or cutting. Next, I will add a remote control and bluetooth connection. :).

Once I have finalize the wiring set up, I will make a new video showing the installation. No wire hacking, just need to hook up the power to the module, connect the input and output to the existing plugs.
If anyone is interested in the set up, the wiring schematic and installation instructions will be posted in the member section

Last edited:

Sorry it took me so long to ge this done. I finally finished the prototype. I need to do a some clean up but you will get the idea watching the following video. This works with no wire hacking or cutting. Next, I will add a remote control and bluetooth connection. :).

Once I have finalize the wiring set up, I will make a new video showing the installation. No wire hacking, just need to hook up the power to the module, connect the input and output to the existing plugs.
If anyone is interested in the set up, the wiring schematic and installation instructions will be posted in the member section

Hey, you ever finish this installation?

Back