1st post as a new S/C owner

Autotec

Well guys and gals, another one of my "bucket list" cars has been purchased. I'm not sure it was a good deal or not yet, but it's a start.

A little history on myself. Years ago I went through the Ford ASSET program and became a Ford technician, then proceeded into a GM dealership where I spent decades working on Buick, Pontiac and GMCs. The service downturn hit, went back to school and became a Engineer working in the Factory Control area for neither Ford or GM. Still involved with cars as a hobby, just not a profession.

I've had a 1987 Turbo Coupe for some time and a good friend mentioned that he inherited a 1989 S/C from his brother. He didn't have much interest and wondered if I did. I made a fair offer on the car and now it is in my garage. The more I look at it, the rougher it gets, but I am picky.

I'll enclose a few pictures, (plus one of my T/C) but it's a one owner, 34K mile car that I would love to save. Everything seems to work besides the ABS, but I can search on that. (I've been through this problem on my T/C)

History on the car... My friends brother was an Engineer at Ford when the S/C first debuted. He optioned it and watched it get built. (in my friends words, with pictures though) My friends brother had some medical issues and lost use of his legs, that caused the car to sit in the garage for years. When the brother passed it was shipped to my friend who had a shop get it road worthy again, and that's when I purchased it.

The car actually drives great. No squeaks or rattles like on my 87, just a nice solid ride. The main issue is the aftermarket sunroof that his brother put in when the car was a year old. That's a big issue that I hope to fix with a new aftermarket unit, but only time will tell. I'm still researching that.

Alright, introduction is done. Time to start some research.......

Thanks, Justin

Attachments

• Tbird 14.jpeg
    Tbird 14.jpeg
    113.7 KB · Views: 459
  • Tbird 15.jpeg
    Tbird 15.jpeg
    49.3 KB · Views: 441
  • Tbird 16.jpeg
    Tbird 16.jpeg
    41.3 KB · Views: 396
  • Tbird SC 1.jpg
    Tbird SC 1.jpg
    197.2 KB · Views: 408
  • Tbird 1.jpg
    Tbird 1.jpg
    179.5 KB · Views: 449
Welcome to the forum. Nice cars! Just find everything with the search function. If not just ask.
Creighton

Welcome. It looks to be in pretty fair shape from the pictures. My guess is your going to fall in love it once you get the minor issues worked out.

One thing to have on the top of priority list is open up the exhaust, stock exhaust is horrible. Head gaskets go out on these cars. How quickly they go is up to how they are treated. But opening up exhaust goes a long way to help that issue out.

Congrats you should love it, very fun car to have.

Back