2017 Hot Rod Power Tour

Well add me to the last leg from Indy to Bowling Green. I got a room a little ways away from you guys, but it is right on route and I really didn't mind the drive along I-70.

Will work out details to hang out Thursday night/ Dinner that sort of thing. Then where to meet on Friday Morning, whether I wait for you guys to come by or drive up to meet you all.

Now to do some work getting the 95 5 Spd put back together! LOL Worse case I can bring my daughters lightning!

Smitty

Because of an error on my part i have a room in Greenwood IN so we also will have to meet up with the rest that morning but we are not too far off of 37

Officially Registered

Well I am officially registered to hang out at the event in Bowling green with the rest of the SC folks, so look forward top seeing you guys I about a week 1/2.

Jacob, you are closer to the venue and their hotel than I am, so no worries. I am staying in Cloverdale right along the route, so I will need to decide if I want to drive up and meet everyone that morning or just wait for the tour to roll by me and jump in line with you guys!What time do you plan on getting in to your hotel? I was planning on arriving close to Kurt's hotel around 5-6 depending on any more details I get from the ST. Louis folks.

Was going to get with Kurt, David and Tony to see when they plan on leaving the venue and perhaps make dinner plans.

Remember for those long haulers that if you need anything (parts, tools etc;) before I leave out on Thursday afternoon to head to Indy, call me. David and Kurt have my number. If you need something performance wise I can pull it from my Orange one if it will get you through and work out something after you get home.

Smitty

Well I am officially registered to hang out at the event in Bowling green with the rest of the SC folks, so look forward top seeing you guys I about a week 1/2.

Jacob, you are closer to the venue and their hotel than I am, so no worries. I am staying in Cloverdale right along the route, so I will need to decide if I want to drive up and meet everyone that morning or just wait for the tour to roll by me and jump in line with you guys!What time do you plan on getting in to your hotel? I was planning on arriving close to Kurt's hotel around 5-6 depending on any more details I get from the ST. Louis folks.

Was going to get with Kurt, David and Tony to see when they plan on leaving the venue and perhaps make dinner plans.

Remember for those long haulers that if you need anything (parts, tools etc;) before I leave out on Thursday afternoon to head to Indy, call me. David and Kurt have my number. If you need something performance wise I can pull it from my Orange one if it will get you through and work out something after you get home.

Smitty

I plan on being in Indy around noon. I also have a ton of sc parts if anyone has problems or needs something. Also the route goes right past my house if anyone needs tools/garage

I plan on being in Indy around noon. I also have a ton of sc parts if anyone has problems or needs something. Also the route goes right past my house if anyone needs tools/garage
If things go like all of the past HRPTs, we will not be getting there around noon. Typically, we have historically been 1-3 hours after the event start time. Of course, that was when there were sponsored lunch stops. Since those don't appear to be part of the equation this year, I think we could arrive closer to the start time than usual.

Ok folks that are heading out tomorrow, be safe, have fun and I will see you all in about a week.

Did about a 50 mile road test today between going to work and out to our land to make sure the bird was ready and everything went great!

See you all soon.

Smitty

Definitely looks like I will have the slowest car in this group! LOL

Looks very nice Jacob, don't you love all the work cutting and buffing takes! But it makes such a huge difference.

See you all Thursday evening sometime. Continue to be safe.

So far it looks like there haven't been any issues at least none worth mentioning! Which is a great thing!

Take Care!

Power steering crapped out today :( going to try a new pump tommrow. If that does not work we will be bringing the sc

And thanks for the compliment! Really happy with how,the paint turned out

Definitely looks like I will have the slowest car in this group! LOL

Looks very nice Jacob, don't you love all the work cutting and buffing takes! But it makes such a huge difference.

See you all Thursday evening sometime. Continue to be safe.

So far it looks like there haven't been any issues at least none worth mentioning! Which is a great thing!

Take Care!

I put this on FB as well. Did anyone bring one of those pop up canopy tents? It looks like we may need one on Friday in Bowling Green as it may get a little wet on the drive and while there.

I will see if one will fit in the trunk and bring at least my 10ft one. If I thought the 13Ft one would fit I would bring it instead, but without fold down rear seats it might be a little too long.

Smitty

Back