Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Engine bucking issue

Quote Originally Posted by 90 red sc View Post
    Pulled codes. KOEO 11. KOER. 41. 91 77 74. No check engine light came on.

You may recall the following items have been replaced
    Plugs and wires DIS Cam sensor battery is less than 2 months old. Also starter and relay have been replaced. Tach still not functioning as it use to.
    The KOEO code says no issues. KOER codes make me wonder if the engine was warmed up fully before testing.

About the tach - remind me, was that an original issue when the bucking happened, or did it start right after new DIS and cam sensor, or? Did you use the paste on the bottom of the DIS when you installed it?

I notice the tech issue when this started. Yes I put dielectric on the DIS. Could it be crankshaft sensor ?

When starting, is the upshift light on in the dash cluster?

Without more evidence, it could be a number of things. Interesting this happened after new items.

What kind of shape is the electrical harness in that connects to the DIS and cam sensor? Any damage or oil soaking?

Can you check the crank pulley to see if it wobbles or feels loose?

No upshot light at start. Wiring harness not in best of shape. No oil soaking or issue with dampner. Any place to get replacement wiring harness or do you have to rebuild from scratch?

Quote Originally Posted by 90redsc View Post
    No upshot light at start. Wiring harness not in best of shape. No oil soaking or issue with dampner. Any place to get replacement wiring harness or do you have to rebuild from scratch?
    Good morning

Check the routing of DIS harness connectors cam/crank sensor and the supercharger belt. An improperly routed harness can "rub" and eventually chafe through the wires. As for a replacement harness (other than the salvage yard) try the wanted/sell section of SCCOA, SuperCoupe Performance and or Spinning Wheels restoration section.

Good Luck.

I'll check the wiring as you indicated and see what I find. If wires need replacement, do you know what gauge it would be?

The harness includes shielded wiring and has to be correct, just like factory. I'd do my best to find a replacement instead of trying to make one up. Check with the vendors sources Sam listed.

ok thanks for the help