Need abs wheel sensor

Sorry forgot to put it's a 91. I had to beat the hell out of the lower ball joint bolt to get it out and I must have hit the wire because when I went to test drive the car the abs light was on. I figured no big deal I'll just change it out. When I went to buy one I found out they are obsolete.

Depends on how much rust you have. Being in NC you might get lucky and it will come out. Up north here it's about impossible. I have some though if you still need one.

i took mine out, but i gave them away at some point or I would let you have them. I was able to get mine out with no major problem. That uses an external torx to bolt the sensor to the spindle if I remember right. I didnt have one on those sockets, but i was able to use vise grips to get the bolt out.

Abs sensor

Depends on how much rust you have. Being in NC you might get lucky and it will come out. Up north here it's about impossible. I have some though if you still need one.

The car and me are originally from Long Island but I hate seeing that damn abs light on. Is it the sensor itself thats hard to get out or is it the hold down clamp? Because I've had that bolt out. The car is pretty clean for a northern car. Anyway I'd like to give it a try. If you could send me your info and a price I'll send you out a money order and my info. Smokintbirdsc@yahoo.com, Thanks Dave

Is it the sensor itself thats hard to get out or is it the hold down clamp?

It's usually because the sensor has rusted/corroded in place, like it's been welded, so yes, hard to remove. Grabbing, if you can, and trying to twist risks damaging it...same with trying to drive it out. But if you're going to toss it anyhow, then that doesn't matter, just don't damage the hole.

Try the usual tactics of marinating it with WD-40, etc. and/or a bit of heat. Once you get it out, use some fine sandpaper to clean the bore. You don't want the hole so big the replacement can move, nor so tight you can't get it all the way in. A thin coat of anti-sieze wouldn't hurt.

Last edited:
Back