2017 SCCoA Top 15

That's funny. 17 year old slicks. If that doesn't fit the bill for this car nothing will. I wonder. If they're that old they may have already been on the car. It seems most of the car parts that came out of St Louis have been at one time or another lol
It is funny you mention this Ira. I assure you those slicks were already on that car. Chris came to my house shortly after I bought it and borrowed them. It took me several months to get them back, but not before Chris took them on an adventure documented with pictures. "Mick the Slick" was a classic on the original TBU and nobody has been able to come up with the pictures to resurrect it.

That is the SC motto... if you need anything just ask and it will be there. That goes for you guys from NY as well. So if you need anything just let me know and I will have it ready for your needs.....Rich

You're so right! So make sure you bring a set of 28" slicks for me so I won't have to beg Danielle to borrow hers :eek:

There you are!! Would you please explain to Mr. Dalke why you and my wife took my tires and made me toss them.:eek:

For the record I didn't tell you to toss them. I ran an 11.90 and broke your transmission and an axle last time they saw track time.

Quote from 1/20/2016 -- "I don't know that his tires are much better than yours. Yours were good enough to break an axle and a transmission this summer so it might be just as well to leave them alone."

For the record I didn't tell you to toss them. I ran an 11.90 and broke your transmission and an axle last time they saw track time.

Quote from 1/20/2016 -- "I don't know that his tires are much better than yours. Yours were good enough to break an axle and a transmission this summer so it might be just as well to leave them alone."

I understand all that, and you are confusing your comments from last winter/spring with what I said, circa right after the Shoot Out. So I was not ever talking about what you said, but of our friend from Tennessee, who was nice enough to pull the tires off the car at the end of the day at the Shoot Out. Now this was after I went sideways twice on my last run of the day, and at that time it was pretty obvious that there was no rubber left on the tires.

3BxWw8.jpg

Right lane!

Need to update the top SC list to :)

Here's my best from last night in the proper form:

11.760 @ 114.59 - Kurt K -1992 SC 3.8 2.0 AR AOD

Nice Kurt. Where did you guys go?
Dave and I hit the local track. There was a pretty bad oil-down and wall hit that had me stuck in the staging lanes for more than an hour. During that time, I watched the DA go from about 950' to 1080', still not horrible but the 950 would have been nice.

I have a race weight of 4160! I still have auto seat belts iron diff iron Lca's electric seat motors etc. Alot of little stuff I could get rid of to shave some weight and not loose any functionality. Hell I could ditch the ride control computer to since I no longer have arc shocks. None the less that's a good pass and it looks like we are very close to an equal match in the1/4

I have a race weight of 4160! I still have auto seat belts iron diff iron Lca's electric seat motors etc. Alot of little stuff I could get rid of to shave some weight and not loose any functionality. Hell I could ditch the ride control computer to since I no longer have arc shocks. None the less that's a good pass and it looks like we are very close to an equal match in the1/4
I think the only difference might be my front wheels.

You have bogart front runners don't you? I am rocking the SC Alluminum spares with radials. Also i switched from 26x10.50x15 et streets to 275/50/15 et radial pros and the diffrence is night and day! Unless you are running a 5 speed there is no reason to run a bias ply slick on these heavy cars. My friend andrew who has drag raced his entire life told me about these tires. He runs low 9s in his camaro with them (3750lb) and showed me slow motion video of his car lanching on an et street vs radial pros and its unreal how much silly stuff goes on with a heavy car on a bias ply. He shaved a couple tenths off his ET and 60' by switching to the radial pro. They feel like street tires on the big end and stick like glue off the line! i ran 30psi in them on my 11.741 pass and still got a good 60'

Back