2017 SCCoA Top 15

Listen to all these powerful cars being so polite. :rolleyes: Makes me think my poor little 1.7 doesn't stand a chance.

What I do need is a set of tires. Anyone got a good set I can make arrangements to use? I hate to have to buy a set just for the Shoot Out and last year I had a problem because my tires were worn through and I couldn't keep the car straight! :eek: Smitty wanted to burn them as he was taking them off the car lol

Listen to all these powerful cars being so polite. :rolleyes: Makes me think my poor little 1.7 doesn't stand a chance.

What I do need is a set of tires. Anyone got a good set I can make arrangements to use? I hate to have to buy a set just for the Shoot Out and last year I had a problem because my tires were worn through and I couldn't keep the car straight! :eek: Smitty wanted to burn them as he was taking them off the car lol

You talking about the same tires that broke your transmission last summer? I thought they hooked pretty damn good actually.

You talking about the same tires that broke your transmission last summer? I thought they hooked pretty damn good actually.

Maybe so, but every time I shifted all I saw was the wall. And they were bad enough that Smitty convinced the wife that they were unsafe and not to let me use them. He'll tell you how bad they were.

Of course maybe it's because I was channeling John Force a little also :)

Ira - I've got my old set of MT's you're welcome to try. I thought they had lost a good bit of grippiness being as old as they apparently are, but after comparing to a brand new set, they're not that bad after all..lol. As long as Danielle doesn't make me put them on the anniversary, I can bring them for you.

Ira - I've got my old set of MT's you're welcome to try. I thought they had lost a good bit of grippiness being as old as they apparently are, but after comparing to a brand new set, they're not that bad after all..lol. As long as Danielle doesn't make me put them on the anniversary, I can bring them for you.

Thanks Matt. Willing to accept any and all offers of assistance. I won't have any room in the car for extra tires or wheels or a jack or anything, so I am at the mercy of the good nature of others!

May I ask what size they are?

Thanks Matt. Willing to accept any and all offers of assistance. I won't have any room in the car for extra tires or wheels or a jack or anything, so I am at the mercy of the good nature of others!

26"X11.5" (maybe 10.5") mounted on stock sc wheels

ask and you shall get

That is the SC motto... if you need anything just ask and it will be there. That goes for you guys from NY as well. So if you need anything just let me know and I will have it ready for your needs.....Rich

New best tonight

Another new time tonight . Broke an axle on the next run but I have newer stronger parts on order

11.890 @118.05mph- jludorf 1994 SC 3.8 2.0 ar t56 410.

It's,

The transmission is good. Shift beautiful everytime. It has a noise that it had since it was installed so i have a rebuild kit for it. I also ran it last year with only about 1.5 litres of oil and it took it though it was making noise until it was topped up. That is what happens when the trans is installed 1 year before it is driven. I though I had already topped it up. Oops!

Matt are these my old ones, I can't remember who I sold them too. Early style SC wheels? MT ET Streets? If so I think they were 26 X 10.5 X 16

Just curious

Smitty

Matt are these my old ones, I can't remember who I sold them too. Early style SC wheels? MT ET Streets? If so I think they were 26 X 10.5 X 16

Just curious

Smitty

I don't think so, Smitty...

I bought them from Kurt K at the 2009 Shootout and I'm pretty sure he bought them used too. I can't find the discussion we had about these particular slicks....David N knew the history prior to Kurt's and my ownership of them though....lol

Probably lost in the archives of Facebook. :rolleyes:

I think we had determined they were over 10 years old in 2014. :eek: But like I said, they're really not bad....I could spin them, so I figured they needed replaced, but I can spin the new 28" Hoosiers too...I now blame my launch rather than the actual tires after trying some different "moves". They're in good shape - not dried out....I've been saving them for Danielle to use.

I don't think so, Smitty...

I bought them from Kurt K at the 2009 Shootout and I'm pretty sure he bought them used too. I can't find the discussion we had about these particular slicks....David N knew the history prior to Kurt's and my ownership of them though....lol

Probably lost in the archives of Facebook. :rolleyes:

I think we had determined they were over 10 years old in 2014. :eek: But like I said, they're really not bad....I could spin them, so I figured they needed replaced, but I can spin the new 28" Hoosiers too...I now blame my launch rather than the actual tires after trying some different "moves". They're in good shape - not dried out....I've been saving them for Danielle to use.

For the record, I bought them new. I'm not sure if I can figure out when, but I will try. I do know that when I went to a 27" tall tire, my car responded well. The 26" tire was too short for the loose converter that I have--or at least that's what I thought the problem was.

edit: According to my old webpage, I first used the slicks on January 22, 2000.

Last edited:

Just curious

Smitty

There you are!! Would you please explain to Mr. Dalke why you and my wife took my tires and made me toss them.:eek:

For the record, I bought them new. I'm not sure if I can figure out when, but I will try. I do know that when I went to a 27" tall tire, my car responded well. The 26" tire was too short for the loose converter that I have--or at least that's what I thought the problem was.

edit: According to my old webpage, I first used the slicks on January 22, 2000.

Wow! They're old enough to drive themselves! There ya go, Ira! lol

Wow! They're old enough to drive themselves! There ya go, Ira! lol

That's funny. 17 year old slicks. If that doesn't fit the bill for this car nothing will. I wonder. If they're that old they may have already been on the car. It seems most of the car parts that came out of St Louis have been at one time or another lol

Back