90 sc drivers side oxygen sensor connector location

thekidz

Hi all I hope you can help. Last year at the end of season a mechanic friend of mine replaced the head gaskets on my 90 sc. I just got the car out of storage and it was pulling codes for a lean condition. I took a chance and bought new oxygen sensors. I replaced the passenger side no problems. When I got to the drivers side I found it wasn't plugged in. I have just spent the last 3 hours trying to find the connector. Does anybody have an idea of the connector location or the harness that it comes out of? I am at my wits end trying to find it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanx in advance
Craig

Uggggh. 6 hrs later, and I still can't find the @&$&__ connector lol. I guess I'm going to have to start taking more of the top of the engine apart. Any suggestions would be appreciated

Thanx
Craig

On my 94 they're up underneath and near the exhaust (of course). Take the existing one and stretch the wire all the way out then think about how/where it would fit. One has to think that the connector is within reach of the sensor harness.

Lol, that's what I thought. All I can think now is that when the head gaskets were done, the harness must have gotten moved. Up on the hoist looking up, down on the hoist looking down. I think I'm going to need to remove the sc intake plenum to try and get a better look from the top. It would be really nice to know what part of the wiring harness it is in. Anybody?

Thanx
Craig

This is a shot of a '95, so....is it where the arrow points?
SC_95_O2.jpg

Back of the head, near/in front of the rear of the block near where it mates to the trans, I think. Looks to be on the harness that goes to the ACT sensor, so if you can follow it down, maybe.

I tried following it by hand from up top on my '90, but didn't get farther than back of the head...might be held there w/a bracket - not sure.

Good luck.

Ken

Last edited:
That's where I thought it should be. I just checked the wiring diagram and it looks like it shares a header plug wiith the act, water temp and oil sender. I'm going to take off the intake plenum to try and get a better view from the top because I can't see or feel it from the bottom. Thanx for the help.

Back