Thread: 1993 sc w/37k miles, should I restore and sell, keep, or sell as is?

Hybrid View

1993 sc w/37k miles, should I restore and sell, keep, or sell as is?

I'm in a rough spot. I love the sc, especially being that young in miles, but it is such a rare car I feel selling it and getting a mustang would better benefit me. I'm crazy about the sc, but if it's such a @^!* to maintain idk.. opinions please?

I think you know the answer best. It boils down to the question of how much do you enjoy the SC versus any Mustang you might get. To me there's a lot of Mustangs already on the road. The SC handles the kinds of roads I like to drive better than any Mustang. The SC might be harder to maintain but keeping it on the road might be more rewarding too. What color is your 93? Auto/manual trans? Cloth interior or leather?

Quote Originally Posted by potshotscott View Post
    I think you know the answer best. It boils down to the question of how much do you enjoy the SC versus any Mustang you might get. To me there's a lot of Mustangs already on the road. The SC handles the kinds of roads I like to drive better than any Mustang. The SC might be harder to maintain but keeping it on the road might be more rewarding too. What color is your 93? Auto/manual trans? Cloth interior or leather?
    Oxford white auto trans, leather interior, keypad on the door, it needs paint and tires, freshly rebuilt supercharger powdercoated and all.. if I keep it, I want it to at least make the 400hp range. The only mustang I love is the 04 cobra terminator. Which this car pretty much set the foundation for, but price of that is 15k+

Quote Originally Posted by Kennypaul26 View Post
    Oxford white auto trans, leather interior, keypad on the door, it needs paint and tires, freshly rebuilt supercharger powdercoated and all.. if I keep it, I want it to at least make the 400hp range. The only mustang I love is the 04 cobra terminator. Which this car pretty much set the foundation for, but price of that is 15k+
    You'll likely need 15k+ to paint your bird and make 400hp, just saying
    Making woosh sounds since 2010!

Quote Originally Posted by neverfastenough View Post
    You'll likely need 15k+ to paint your bird and make 400hp, just saying
    Wow.. No paint is almost done, it wont take but maybe 300 max to finish. And 15k to hit 400hp? If thats even close to what it takes, ill get an 03/04 cobra motor with the t56 tranny and slap it in there for 6-7k max. Let me add to the equation that the seller is a certified mechanic that also happens to be an honest family friend. I only paid 1k for this car, pictures coming soon. Is it worth flipping, keeping, or is it a money dumpster?

Assuming you'd want 400rwhp, and reliable, it's not a cheap road. Not for a totally complete combination that works as jt should at that power level.

Xr7dave on here could probably quote you a 400rwhp engine build, but you're going to need a fuel system to support that, exhaust, as well as many other things.
    Making woosh sounds since 2010!

A ken wagner double intercooler as well
    MEMBER #2488 best rwhp 504 485 torque
    2016 shootout Best of show award
    2015 Carlisle Best of show modified, 1st place 92 93 SC and Celebrity's choice award winner.
    2014 Shootout Best of show 1st award winner
    2014 Comp cams VIP Car craft street machine nationals
    http://www.sccoa.com/forums/garage.p...e_view&id=7152

Yeah or if you can afford it a fmic but they are not cheap and a pain to install.