Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 1993 sc w/37k miles, should I restore and sell, keep, or sell as is?

Ok I see where this is coming from. Bottomline a realistic rwhp Number which is closer to the 400 hp you may be looking for can be had without breaking the bank. 400RWHP Will not be obtained easily or cheaply however 300-325rwhp is. And that's a fun number in an SC for sure. Just keep in mind the main goal here is to lead you to a place which is obtainable and not unrealistic
    They don't call me "SLOWPOKE" for nothin!
    http://www.sccoa.com/forums/garage_v...vehicle&id=110
    Quote Originally Posted by ricardoa1 View Post
    I love the filter. Its pimp. paper element and 10Mircron filtration, 12" long cause size matters.

Quote Originally Posted by XxSlowpokexX View Post
    Ok I see where this is coming from. Bottomline a realistic rwhp Number which is closer to the 400 hp you may be looking for can be had without breaking the bank. 400RWHP Will not be obtained easily or cheaply however 300-325rwhp is. And that's a fun number in an SC for sure. Just keep in mind the main goal here is to lead you to a place which is obtainable and not unrealistic
    300wrhp, anything more than the stock 315 torque, I imagine that would make a dream car for me... see I feel over thousands of years even kings didn't have the luxury of a modern car.. and 400hp is almost too much for anyone to control with the stock irs and abs. That would be a bad ~~~ full upgrade stage there. For now.. 300hp is all I want to wax my buddy's "supercharged" 4.6 grand marquis. The 3.8 v6 mustang my other buddy has is already beaten.

Brass tax, here it is, I just picked up 7 days a week at the restaurant so I'm in the all in or get out mood,
    Pros: good suspension, engine, transmission, new harmonic balancer, rebuilt stock supercharger, fresh fluids, next step is MLS hg's and a cai. Then tires then paint, my next step from there is open for oppinions. 4.2 crank? Od pulley? Injectors?

When I say paint, I mean pull the engine, have it sand blasted or something, and do it right. Stock color to hold value. If possible.
    Last edited by Kennypaul26; 05-31-2017 at 02:12 PM.

As has been mentioned (Tims a good guys, sometimes) Be patient.

Set a goal.

Ive owned several SC's and I always set a goal. Usually its an Im a cheap bastard goal and lets see what I can get for cheap. After that its all in.

So If you are fully happy with 100 more hp and not blowing the bank it can be done.

There are bolt ons,

BOLT ONS

AND THEN ...All out

That factory blower although rebuilt wont get you there.

A good question is how mechanically inclined are you? We can take it from there
    They don't call me "SLOWPOKE" for nothin!
    http://www.sccoa.com/forums/garage_v...vehicle&id=110
    Quote Originally Posted by ricardoa1 View Post
    I love the filter. Its pimp. paper element and 10Mircron filtration, 12" long cause size matters.

Quote Originally Posted by XxSlowpokexX View Post
    As has been mentioned (Tims a good guys, sometimes) Be patient.

Set a goal.

Ive owned several SC's and I always set a goal. Usually its an Im a cheap bastard goal and lets see what I can get for cheap. After that its all in.

So If you are fully happy with 100 more hp and not blowing the bank it can be done.

There are bolt ons,

BOLT ONS

AND THEN ...All out

That factory blower although rebuilt wont get you there.

A good question is how mechanically inclined are you? We can take it from there

I'm a fast learner, if I see it once it's burned into memory, but I have played around rebuilding top ends and stuff, my mechanic is epic though, he pulls fully built ls2 trucks apart and replaces ~~~~ed up parts alot. Has his own lift and all. The bigger question is where do you recommend getting the parts, and the best exaust/blower/ for my dream.

Answered my own questions: Scperformance.com
    Tbscshop.com
    Battery
    Terminals
    Vaccuum everything
    IAC valve
    Cai/clamps & hoses
    Supercharger bolts
    Supercharger fluid
    Tires
    Brakes
    Drain/refill gas in tank
    Adjust suspension
    Shave passenger door lock
    Replace driver fender
    ---------------------------------
    Magnum powers intercooler
    Headlights/ts
    Tailights/ts
    Arp studs
    Oem fog lights
    Deep dish rear rims
    Matching Hoosier's/micky thompson or Nitto 555 tires
    Bigger injectors
    Last edited by Kennypaul26; 07-05-2017 at 01:17 PM.

Yeah or if you can afford it a fmic but they are not cheap and a pain to install.