1993 sc w/37k miles, should I restore and sell, keep, or sell as is?

Kennypaul26

I'm in a rough spot. I love the sc, especially being that young in miles, but it is such a rare car I feel selling it and getting a mustang would better benefit me. I'm crazy about the sc, but if it's such a @^!*÷£× to maintain idk.. opinions please?

I think you know the answer best. It boils down to the question of how much do you enjoy the SC versus any Mustang you might get. To me there's a lot of Mustangs already on the road. The SC handles the kinds of roads I like to drive better than any Mustang. The SC might be harder to maintain but keeping it on the road might be more rewarding too. What color is your 93? Auto/manual trans? Cloth interior or leather?

I think you know the answer best. It boils down to the question of how much do you enjoy the SC versus any Mustang you might get. To me there's a lot of Mustangs already on the road. The SC handles the kinds of roads I like to drive better than any Mustang. The SC might be harder to maintain but keeping it on the road might be more rewarding too. What color is your 93? Auto/manual trans? Cloth interior or leather?

Oxford white auto trans, leather interior, keypad on the door, it needs paint and tires, freshly rebuilt supercharger powdercoated and all.. if I keep it, I want it to at least make the 400hp range. The only mustang I love is the 04 cobra terminator. Which this car pretty much set the foundation for, but price of that is 15k+

Oxford white auto trans, leather interior, keypad on the door, it needs paint and tires, freshly rebuilt supercharger powdercoated and all.. if I keep it, I want it to at least make the 400hp range. The only mustang I love is the 04 cobra terminator. Which this car pretty much set the foundation for, but price of that is 15k+

You'll likely need 15k+ to paint your bird and make 400hp, just saying

You'll likely need 15k+ to paint your bird and make 400hp, just saying

Wow.. No paint is almost done, it wont take but maybe 300 max to finish. And 15k to hit 400hp? If thats even close to what it takes, ill get an 03/04 cobra motor with the t56 tranny and slap it in there for 6-7k max. Let me add to the equation that the seller is a certified mechanic that also happens to be an honest family friend. I only paid 1k for this car, pictures coming soon. Is it worth flipping, keeping, or is it a money dumpster?

Assuming you'd want 400rwhp, and reliable, it's not a cheap road. Not for a totally complete combination that works as jt should at that power level.

Xr7dave on here could probably quote you a 400rwhp engine build, but you're going to need a fuel system to support that, exhaust, as well as many other things.

Assuming you'd want 400rwhp, and reliable, it's not a cheap road. Not for a totally complete combination that works as jt should at that power level.

Xr7dave on here could probably quote you a 400rwhp engine build, but you're going to need a fuel system to support that, exhaust, as well as many other things.

I figure if it's over 8k to build, then I'll go with the cobra swap. Has anyone done the termy swap yet? I know to moderately boost daily drivable performance, intake, exaust (with proper back pressure) 5% over dive pulley, and 42lb injectors is where to start.. I'm just flabbergasted that it has a 0-60 of 7 seconds (acura rsx type s speed right there) but takes 16 seconds to go from 0-100 in a 1/4th mile give or take, that's dumb.. and the stock v6 no supercharger is only 140hp.. that makes me consider even a buick regal g's supercharged over this.. but I love irs, lsd, and rwd... so I'm gonna stick with her. Where do I go to start looking up restoration for cars that sat 20 years?

A twin screw upgrade for the V6 if you can find one that's already made and for sale will run $4-4500 to get you in the 400 plus range with ported heads and cam which will be another ~$2500, then fuel system, tuning, etc.... Also the stock AOD will not hold up either at that power level so will need to upgrade that and a converter. Custom turbo kit might be a little cheaper but not much.

A twin screw upgrade for the V6 if you can find one that's already made and for sale will run $4-4500 to get you in the 400 plus range with ported heads and cam which will be another ~$2500, then fuel system, tuning, etc.... Also the stock AOD will not hold up either at that power level so will need to upgrade that and a converter. Custom turbo kit might be a little cheaper but not much.

Dude your sc is frigging nasty!!!!! I heard of putting a kenneth bell on a terminator motor but I didn't know you could do that to the tb. So if I do go all out with the twin screw, (brother died in an 04 cobra, lived for the whine of the supercharger, so turbo is out of the question. Plus I figure steady boost is easier on the components.) Twin screw, ported heads, cam, 42lb injestors, i/e.. so last question I hope, is there a 6 speed tranny that can fit our 3.8? Money for labor Is not an issue, only figuring out which parts to order. I noticed the awd and restoration threads are empty. And the manual supercoupe has 8 cylinders. 6 in the engine, plus slave and master. ;)

Dude your sc is frigging nasty!!!!! I heard of putting a kenneth bell on a terminator motor but I didn't know you could do that to the tb. So if I do go all out with the twin screw, (brother died in an 04 cobra, lived for the whine of the supercharger, so turbo is out of the question. Plus I figure steady boost is easier on the components.) Twin screw, ported heads, cam, 42lb injestors, i/e.. so last question I hope, is there a 6 speed tranny that can fit our 3.8? Money for labor Is not an issue, only figuring out which parts to order. I noticed the awd and restoration threads are empty. And the manual supercoupe has 8 cylinders. 6 in the engine, plus slave and master. ;)

Your gonna need at min 60lb injectors, I have 80's. Binks above did T56 swap ~$6k with no labor, couple others have done swap but still in $4k range. Those forums are locked until you become a paying member for $15.

Your gonna need at min 60lb injectors, I have 80's. Binks above did T56 swap ~$6k with no labor, couple others have done swap but still in $4k range. Those forums are locked until you become a paying member for $15.

I'm using a phone right now so ty for not correcting my poor grammer, I've done research on hitting the 300 hp range, which doesn't seem too far fetched with moderate mods. I don't want to dump too much fuel if I'm correct we already get like 15-18 mpg?? So I decided I'm defiantly keeping it. I'll pay the membership fee when I get a chance cuz restoration is number one, but the person before my mechanic bought it drove it until the supercharger bearing went out. So it may be very up to date and need little tlc mechanically if it needs anything at all in that department. Thank you guys for the feedback, I'll post pictures of my dirty bird when she gets dropped off friday. The t56 would be my choice tranny, but even a regular 5 speed mustang gt tranny may do nicely if I stay around the 300hp range. And I'm talking crank horsepower, I'll worry about rwhp when I get the tranny either upgraded or swapped. I'm about to go see what upgrades the ao4 can obtain for my target power range. I'd say 300hp and 350 torque would be ideal for daily driving. Also I was thinking fr500 rims staggered with nitto 555's would be amazing to see on the sc.

I have to say, depending on the overall condition of the body (paint not withstanding), engine/drivetrain and interior, at $1k for 37k mile example, you are way ahead of the game. Paint it and bolt on up to 250 rwhp (easy) for less than $4k and be done with it. You'll have a blast and reliable daily driver for $5k or less. Most of us have WAY more than that into it. But there's the problem, it's difficult to say enough is enough, there's always a next round mods if your not careful.

Get it running in stock trim. May find you don't need 400 hp. Thus saving $$$. Huge fun cars for a DD as is.

Creighton

Yeah, resist the urge to put on some loud farty exhaust, but put on a Nice exhaust system, a late model blower and pulley, a double IC with fan, some bigger injectors, MAF, fuel pump, and tune. Then some 3.73 gears and enjoy.

I have to say, depending on the overall condition of the body (paint not withstanding), engine/drivetrain and interior, at $1k for 37k mile example, you are way ahead of the game. Paint it and bolt on up to 250 rwhp (easy) for less than $4k and be done with it. You'll have a blast and reliable daily driver for $5k or less. Most of us have WAY more than that into it. But there's the problem, it's difficult to say enough is enough, there's always a next round mods if your not careful.

OK I'm kinda hooked.. today is my birthday, I'm finally getting it dropped off today. I will take a video and post the link. Honestly I've been reading forums day and night for a week, and yes this motor, drivetrain, interior, body, and overall owner appreciation seems unbeatable.. no punk in his hand me down muscle car is going to embarrass me that's the biggest thing. I am a little racer, but I like to do it quick and off the line and the cruise like it never happened. My brothers 04 cobra sounded so sick.. the exaust from the back was monsterous.. but I haven't seen anything like that from the sc's on YouTube yet. I figure just the loud whine will satisfy my needs, all quiet and ~~~~ like, what's up I'm cruising then eeeeeeehhhhhhhhhnnnnnnnnn!!!!!!!!!!! The supercharger comes out of nowhere. I sold an acura cl 3.0 vtec for this car because of the rwd, my cobra love, and the intense maturity of the sccoa.com community. I will make it a nice mostly stock daily driver until it melts or whatever then one day if I get the cash I'll do the 04 cobra swap. I want to get deep dish rims though, I was thinking since I have to stay white, I should do black headlight/tailights covers, deep dish black five spoke rims with the little bolts around them, and possibly the cobra r hood. As far as upgrades, heafgaskets from the best place I can order with best studs, replace every single bolt on this thing I can, and start with intake/intercooler exaust and the best tires.. keep in mind I still have stock rims and spoiler. I could go for the sleeper look kinda like an Oldsmobile look, but I feel the sc looks way better with fat tires and a fat hood.

Damn, how long was that sitting outside? It does NOT look like 37k.... still though, if there's no rot you may be in good shape. There were just recently some s-port m90's on ebay which would go a long way to your goal. I would say, at the least, a late model (94-95) blower should be near the top of your list. And free up your exhaust...

Damn, how long was that sitting outside? It does NOT look like 37k.... still though, if there's no rot you may be in good shape. There were just recently some s-port m90's on ebay which would go a long way to your goal. I would say, at the least, a late model (94-95) blower should be near the top of your list. And free up your exhaust...

Yeah.. Prolly 20 years. It has its ugly side but it has fresh fluids, ready for some new supercharger bolts to put the freshly rebuilt m90 back on. New wheel hubs, new harmonic balancer.. carpet and dash are spotless... I know it's gonna take the rest of my money this year but I'm down eff it.

A lot of work to do there. If it's clean (no rust) as others have suggested then you might have a diamond in the rough. Or it's just rough.

Back