1993 sc w/37k miles, should I restore and sell, keep, or sell as is?

A lot of work to do there. If it's clean (no rust) as others have suggested then you might have a diamond in the rough. Or it's just rough.

It's pretty solid, just minor oxidation. Still if I get to the point where I'm dumping money into it, I'll sell it for what I can get and just go for anything ls1 and leave most fully built sc's in the dust. The more I see how much it takes to make decent numbers in an sc the more I lean toward an ls1.

Yeah I'm putting up for sale until or unless I get to it before it sells. $2,000 firm takes it. Runs and drives as is like it's ready to be cleaned up and appreciated. No ac.

Yeah I'm putting up for sale until or unless I get to it before it sells. $2,000 firm takes it. Runs and drives as is like it's ready to be cleaned up and appreciated. No ac.

What the hell does this even mean? You tout the fact you got this car for $1k (which incidentally is about what it's worth judging by your pics) and then a few days later, having done nothing to it, exclaim the price of this cars is $2k firm. What? Oh, and there is no "until or unless", it is only "unless".

Agree lame to waste everyones time. That much mold clear coat is done. Good luck on your flip...
Creighton

Agree lame to waste everyones time. That much mold clear coat is done. Good luck on your flip...
Creighton

Just because I got it for 1k doesn't mean you will. I came here for experienced advice but if even sc owners are saying it's a piece of ~~~~, what is it worth to me? I'm sure a running supercharged car will sell for 2k with 37k miles, clear coat is not even a concern, the metal is fine so a decent paint over and a new clear coat will fix that. And waste everyone's time? Really? What the ~~~~ I work 7 days a week and I'm trying to do this on the side, take your negative comments back to ford where they belong. I honestly thought I was going to meet some cool educated people not another stuck up forum of people with nothing better to do than judge me for trying to decide if it's a project worth investing in or throw it away. 2k firm unless you actually have cash in my face not dissing my bird. I'm more interested in an ls1 now that I see how disgusting the sccoa community can be toward a new member with much enthusiasm and nothing negative to say.

Last edited:
Highest offer takes it. I'll do my thing without the generous support of the sc community. And not mad. Thank you to all who did take the time to try and help, I really appreciate it. I posted it in cars for sale. You may flame on it there if you'd like I'm about done here. One more thing...

Last edited:
What the hell does this even mean? You tout the fact you got this car for $1k (which incidentally is about what it's worth judging by your pics) and then a few days later, having done nothing to it, exclaim the price of this cars is $2k firm. What? Oh, and there is no "until or unless", it is only "unless".

There is an until it sells, most people who buy cars from me keep in contact for affordable work and diagnosis of issues. So yes until or unless. Correct your attitude not my freedom of speech sir.

This was very helpful:
https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/grm/the-good-the-bad-and-the-ugly-89-supercoupe/51502/page2/

My brother loved his 04 cobra mystichrome 1 of 495. Before he died he told me I should get a supercoupe.. this car could mean alot to me. He had an ls1 camaro, 04 cobra, 96 gts w/s281 in it, and a 92 foxbody 5.0 at the same time... at 24. I want to shape this car up and put in memory of.. but if it's truly junk I should sell it for what it's worth and go for another or an ls1.. I'm just under alot of stress right now I'm alone and idk what to do. I'm walking a good distance to work every day just dreaming of the supercharger whine... besides, if I fix this up, enjoy it till 150k, rebuild it with the 04 cobra motor, it would be my car til I die.

I'm not fixing your freedom of speech. I'm questioning your grasp of the English language. When using a conjunction like "or" one should be able to remove either objective and have the sentence still make logical sense. In your case it does not.

The metal is not fine on that car. There is a clear dent on the front fender. Do you even know what's under the side skirts? Under the hood is clearly rusting.

Claiming you'll just buy an ls1 and leave most fully built sc's in the dust is not positive or respectful. It is forum racing and immature.

I came back to direct you to an eBay link for an s-port blower casing because this IS a supportive community for new owners. But then I saw your disillusion and thought, nah, he's not a worth my time. You clearly have some other issues goin on and the bastards at sccoa are the least of them. Good luck with the sale, I like for these cars to fetch as much as possible.

I'm not fixing your freedom of speech. I'm questioning your grasp of the English language. When using a conjunction like "or" one should be able to remove either objective and have the sentence still make logical sense. In your case it does not.

The metal is not fine on that car. There is a clear dent on the front fender. Do you even know what's under the side skirts? Under the hood is clearly rusting.

Claiming you'll just buy an ls1 and leave most fully built sc's in the dust is not positive or respectful. It is forum racing and immature.

I came back to direct you to an eBay link for an s-port blower casing because this IS a supportive community for new owners. But then I saw your disillusion and thought, nah, he's not a worth my time. You clearly have some other issues goin on and the bastards at sccoa are the least of them. Good luck with the sale, I like for these cars to fetch as much as possible.

Hold on. Immature is to continue arguing and not stay on subject, which I'm sorry for that, but hands down I dont feel any love on this site, which was supposed to be the living soul of the sc. I saw a car, worked for it. It's ugly, you don't think an owner judges his car the hardest unless he is a street punk that's never been outside of a honda? If beauty is in the eye of the beholder, someone else can use the fresh parts it still has, and yes i looked under the car. I like the sound of an ls1, and it would take a mean mustang to keep up, no supercoupe with less than what.. 5-10k invested with constant checkups is going to stick with it? Oh and don't get me started on the problems the camaros have.. they are electrical nightmares, and good luck getting a six speed, but the community is amazing. And more... modern. The problems these cars seem to face isn't worth it's supposedly legendary "fun to drive" label.. but turbo the ~~~~ out of it and it may keep up. Easy way. I'm not a racer, but don't push me. If it's gonna be a a dead end conversation due to poor judgement don't bother. For all you know I'm actually planning to restore it myself just to prove how wrong you can be by jumping to conclusions. How hard is it to replace a thunderbird fender? I'm sure we got a tbird or two out in the scrap yard.

Last edited:
Ok I see where this is coming from. Bottomline a realistic rwhp Number which is closer to the 400 hp you may be looking for can be had without breaking the bank. 400RWHP Will not be obtained easily or cheaply however 300-325rwhp is. And that's a fun number in an SC for sure. Just keep in mind the main goal here is to lead you to a place which is obtainable and not unrealistic

Ok I see where this is coming from. Bottomline a realistic rwhp Number which is closer to the 400 hp you may be looking for can be had without breaking the bank. 400RWHP Will not be obtained easily or cheaply however 300-325rwhp is. And that's a fun number in an SC for sure. Just keep in mind the main goal here is to lead you to a place which is obtainable and not unrealistic

300wrhp, anything more than the stock 315 torque, I imagine that would make a dream car for me... see I feel over thousands of years even kings didn't have the luxury of a modern car.. and 400hp is almost too much for anyone to control with the stock irs and abs. That would be a bad ~~~ full upgrade stage there. For now.. 300hp is all I want to wax my buddy's "supercharged" 4.6 grand marquis. The 3.8 v6 mustang my other buddy has is already beaten.

Brass tax, here it is, I just picked up 7 days a week at the restaurant so I'm in the all in or get out mood,
Pros: good suspension, engine, transmission, new harmonic balancer, rebuilt stock supercharger, fresh fluids, next step is MLS hg's and a cai. Then tires then paint, my next step from there is open for oppinions. 4.2 crank? Od pulley? Injectors?

When I say paint, I mean pull the engine, have it sand blasted or something, and do it right. Stock color to hold value. If possible.

Last edited:
As has been mentioned (Tims a good guys, sometimes) Be patient.

Set a goal.

Ive owned several SC's and I always set a goal. Usually its an Im a cheap bastard goal and lets see what I can get for cheap. After that its all in.

So If you are fully happy with 100 more hp and not blowing the bank it can be done.

There are bolt ons,

BOLT ONS

AND THEN ...All out

That factory blower although rebuilt wont get you there.

A good question is how mechanically inclined are you? We can take it from there

As has been mentioned (Tims a good guys, sometimes) Be patient.

Set a goal.

Ive owned several SC's and I always set a goal. Usually its an Im a cheap bastard goal and lets see what I can get for cheap. After that its all in.

So If you are fully happy with 100 more hp and not blowing the bank it can be done.

There are bolt ons,

BOLT ONS

AND THEN ...All out

That factory blower although rebuilt wont get you there.

A good question is how mechanically inclined are you? We can take it from there

I'm a fast learner, if I see it once it's burned into memory, but I have played around rebuilding top ends and stuff, my mechanic is epic though, he pulls fully built ls2 trucks apart and replaces ~~~~ed up parts alot. Has his own lift and all. The bigger question is where do you recommend getting the parts, and the best exaust/blower/ for my dream.

Answered my own questions: Scperformance.com
Tbscshop.com
Battery
Terminals
Vaccuum everything
IAC valve
Cai/clamps & hoses
Supercharger bolts
Supercharger fluid
Tires
Brakes
Drain/refill gas in tank