Thread: Chevy's JD Power Awards

Chevy's JD Power Awards

LOL - Chevy's Real People Not Actors

Raffi Festekjian, J. D. Power’s director of automotive product research, explains that the IQS was designed to capture “things gone wrong” with a vehicle. Each one is called a “problem,” and it can be “either a fault in the assembly of the vehicle or a design issue.” A fault might be a poorly assembled door panel or a loose electrical connection, while a design issue is something that a customer doesn’t like—a multifunction cruise-control stalk, for example—even though the item is performing exactly as intended.
    Honor, Grace and Dignity......Remember these

Quote Originally Posted by BirdofPrey97 View Post
    IQS was designed to capture “things gone wrong” with a vehicle.
    IQS sounds like what Apple calls the 'out of the box' experience, but Apple isn't shameless enough to have someone make up an award for it...

Last edited by KMT; 05-24-2017 at 10:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by potshotscott View Post
    LOL - Chevy's Real People Not Actors

...very funny, thanks Scott

Ken

Somebody From Chevy's Dumb 'Real People' Ads Spoke Out About The Hilariously Awkward

Somebody From Chevy's Dumb 'Real People' Ads Spoke Out About The Hilariously Awkward Experience

When I was talking to people in the lobby, no one seemed that enthusiastic about anything. The second we got in there, it was like magically everyone was the world’s biggest Chevrolet fan. I can’t stress enough that I’m a real person and not an actor. None of these people were actors, because I asked them what they all did for a living. They suddenly became these perfect spokespeople when this guy started asking questions, like, “What’s the first word that comes to your mind when you think about Chevy?” Literally, the guy next to me was like, “Freedom.” [Laughs.] He was suddenly so patriotic. He was like, “American-made cars. Quality.” All of these people were spewing out these buzzwords.

The News Wheel noticed that some of Chevy’s focus-group members had, in fact, worked as actors before.

A GM representative said that this was an unintentional result of recruiting in Los Angeles—"you’re going to end up with a few people who have IMDB pages." or or you hired the actors to steer the actual real people along.

Last edited by DamonPearl94; 05-24-2017 at 10:57 AM.