The revamp of my 1995 SC

I love to see the all out KB efforts on these cars. You've helped me few times with parts to keep my SCs up to spec and on the road. Keep up the great work and hope to see some video of it running soon!

Tim my brotha!

Stunning work man...how did you get the work done on the jackshaft pulley? Did you have to take it appart?

Tim my brotha!

Stunning work man...how did you get the work done on the jackshaft pulley? Did you have to take it appart?

Thanks Luis! Hope life is treating ya well in MD!

As for the Jackshaft - Chris tells me it won't spin by hand currently...Dave Clark had his done at the same place and it works fine :confused:... guess we may have to replace it but I will let ya know as I know.

-Tim

I had to press the jackshaft bearing assembly out and install a new/used one.

Here are some more pics of some powder I've done on the blower parts.

inlet.jpg

return plenum.jpg

return and water outlet.jpg

inlet on blower.jpg

blower mock.jpg

And I drilled and tapped the oil pressure fitting for an aftermarket sending unit so we can keep the check gauge light from coming on.

oil press.jpg

oil press2.jpg

The remaining items have returned ...pleasant surprise after Carlisle.

View attachment 67261

-Tim

You have my approval. I had all of those parts chromed years ago and I paid around the $600-$700 range. I had the jackshaft bearing pressed out and pressed back in when I received it. The chrome really makes the engine by pop. Good choice.

Chris has been busy moving things along and well he sends me pictures to my phone document progress but I have been lazy with the updates on the thread. Since 95% of the bolt-on parts have been purchased from other members, most of the work has either been cleaning things up or giving it a personal touch. Thankfully Chris is willing to make improvements where needed or when I make a wild suggestion doing it for me.

One of the main suggestions was making the snout of the blower look nicer. The scratches in the snout really bothered me. I feel it's the focal point and it stood out to me. I told him down the road I would probably repaint it or purchase a polished one. Before I could finish my thought he sent me picture of the snout removed and him starting the process of polishing it.

Here are a few pictures he has sent, I will try to update it as he goes.
circled.jpg
20180102_192436_1514939324506.jpg
20170928_214507_1506649519756.jpg

-Tim

Tim, you'll have a hard time to find the correct drive snout to fit the blower. You'll be better off sending the existing drive snout out for polishing. Don't ever remove the bolts holding the front case cover on either. Any questions about the blower let me know as this was mine at one time. Those marks are from the hoses I had for the catch can system that it had. The gun drilled pulley vent bolt option I had PSE do never worked right, and I purchased the correct Kenne Bell baffled catch can for it.

Tim, you'll have a hard time to find the correct drive snout to fit the blower. You'll be better off sending the existing drive snout out for polishing. Don't ever remove the bolts holding the front case cover on either. Any questions about the blower let me know as this was mine at one time. Those marks are from the hoses I had for the catch can system that it had. The gun drilled pulley vent bolt option I had PSE do never worked right, and I purchased the correct Kenne Bell baffled catch can for it.

I recall Dave Clark telling me it was your AR before he picked it up. Good to know the history! Also not sure what browser you're using but Chris fully polished the snout so it's good to go now.

20171226_193854_1514335165404.jpg
20171227_135323_1514400829122.jpg
20171229_170857_1514585359108.jpg
20180102_150243_1514923410474.jpg

-Tim

It just occurred to me that the inlet and return pieces glow in the dark! lol

Any other glow-in-the-dark flare planned?! :D

Back