The revamp of my 1995 SC

By far the kit offers the best looking IC routing. The bends etc are straight and it doesn’t look like a weekend project.

I tend to disagree with that statement, I think the routing of my custom made tubes is much cleaner and appealing to the eye. MP fmic tube routing is too congested where it crosses in front of the radiator.

Attachments

• 2.3 Whipple pics 3 005.JPG
    2.3 Whipple pics 3 005.JPG
    323.4 KB · Views: 213
  • 2.3 Whipple pics 3 003.JPG
    2.3 Whipple pics 3 003.JPG
    358 KB · Views: 198
Last edited:
The issue I had with my MP was that a blown head gasket ballooned the tubes on my expensive aluminum radiator. My car ran hotter than normal even with good spall fans. Had no idea till I sold it and the guy that bought it mentioned the tube issue. I gave him some kind of a refund. Cant recall what. Wasn't going to argue although it was hard to believe. Otherwise it performed well and looked great. I really hate crappy looking half assed IC setups regardless of how they perform.

The issue I had with my MP was that a blown head gasket ballooned the tubes on my expensive aluminum radiator. My car ran hotter than normal even with good spall fans. Had no idea till I sold it and the guy that bought it mentioned the tube issue. I gave him some kind of a refund. Cant recall what. Wasn't going to argue although it was hard to believe. Otherwise it performed well and looked great. I really hate crappy looking half assed IC setups regardless of how they perform.

I think you went through the same experience, and that why I made the original statement, when put in front of a proper radiator and fan, it works as intended, At least it has so far. So therefore the kit would have not gotten the bad rep it did if if had been sold with a radiator that was cheaper than griffins. Does it heatsoak in humid fl with the ac full blast. Maybe it does....but didn’t the stock IC also? Do I wish a bolt on kit was available that was in Front the ac condenser? Yeah, probably, but it only gets my vote when I see some nicely done angles, straights, bends and finish. Cause only a few fabbed ones have impressed me over the years of seeing SCs. And the top IC pipe on the MP kit nailed it on the head.

Last edited:
I'm wondering if anyone has this answer for me. My MP kit came with a 2 piece top pipe and most of the others I see have a solid pipe. Did Charles change the kit over the years or did I just happen to get a hacked kit from the multiple hand me downs.

-Tim

I'm wondering if anyone has this answer for me. My MP kit came with a 2 piece top pipe and most of the others I see have a solid pipe. Did Charles change the kit over the years or did I just happen to get a hacked kit from the multiple hand me downs.

-Tim

I searched this site for ones for sale and the ones I looked at were 3 piece tube kits.

Attachments

• tubing.jpg
    tubing.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 187

-Tim

That would be hacked. I assume someone sick of fighting it during installing. There are tricks to installing it. Sliding coupler at the IC placing it and sliding the coupler back over the ic inlet. Some lube helps but too much will cause the connection to blow off during boost. I would reweld and rechrome that connection is the only odd thing in the awesome bay.

That would be hacked. I assume someone sick of fighting it during installing. There are tricks to installing it. Sliding coupler at the IC placing it and sliding the coupler back over the ic inlet. Some lube helps but too much will cause the connection to blow off during boost. I would reweld and rechrome that connection is the only odd thing in the awesome bay.

I'm considering that just because I'm OCD, and the intake tube needs to be sent off for chrome so may as well send it also.

Once I have the car back I still have a list of things to finish..never ends.

-Tim

Slow and steady

Car's fully disassembled at this point, and body work is about to begin. Since I have no car show plans until 2020 I've told the painter to not rush it or to feel rushed. I'd rather have quality at this point.

82090-MMS-1562442168527-attachment1-20190706_1532031.jpg
82091-MMS-1562442174923-attachment1-20190706_1531591.jpg
82092-MMS-1562442180967-attachment1-20190706_1531491.jpg
82093-MMS-1562442186626-attachment1-20190706_1531431.jpg
82089-MMS-1562442164005-attachment1-20190706_1532091.jpg

-Tim

Thanks, same here. Always great meeting more people and everytime I learn more names... Wait till I get the new hood and front end done, switching to 94-95 headlights with a modified foxbody cobra grill and going with the scooped cobra r hood... I think I remember the last shootout you had yours at, Winchester I believe...

Back