Door wiring harness routing

ecyrbh

Does any one have any pictures of how the harnesses are routed on both doors for a 91 with keyless entry...The body shop pulled both doors to do my repaint and I'm not sure things are routed correctly....Thanks

I've got this image...not sure how much it helps and I don't recall if the wreck had a keypad, sorry.
Door01.jpg

I recall removing a keypad/harness from another donor, and it was pain - so much so that it discouraged me from swapping mine out just to fix a dead bulb. I think once you get that far, the harness should position itself, it's just that the top back of the door cavity, with the window channel installed, doesn't offer much room to work.

Good luck.

The way mine wants to fit on the drivers side after it exits the inside at the window lift motor area,it then lays on the outside of the door and then goes back inside toward the rear of the door at the large round hole at the top instead of going inside at the bottom smaller round hole.

Works for me, especially if that's were it wants to lie - and that path generally matches Scott's diagram, I think.

Just be sure it's clear of the window when it moves, you secure it using the original keepers/locations, and that the door panel goes on without a fight, and you should be good to go.

Back