1993 ugly p.o.s. sc with 37k miles highest offer takes it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I realize some of the responses have been harsh but fwiw these are great guys and gals and great cars. They arnt a mustang and for this I am glad, anyone can build a fast mustang. It takes a special idiot like me to do some of the things ive done to my supercoupe but in the end I have a car I wouldn't trade for the world so .....

Okay I just typed a giant response but it got deleted in the world of crappy internet connections. So I'm simply going to say I could still get my money back and not buy this car but I love the fact that it has more torque than most Mustangs before 2010 granted it's only got 200 hp, it screams classy as well.. my personal life and the things I've gone through cost a lot of money to talk about so I'm not even going to respond to any negativity. If anybody has any helpful criticism in the form of suggestions I'm all ears, I came here for experienced, "I already ~~~~ed up don't do this, do this" Kind of advice. I feel a smart individual, would hear every single sc owner out to gather information, but please be informative... I don't have feelings, just a brain yearning for more knowledge, and if possible, some wisdom... please try to understand.

Last edited:
Okay I just typed a giant response but it got deleted in the world of crappy internet connections. So I'm simply going to say I could still get my money back and not buy this car but I love the fact that it has more torque than most Mustangs before 2010 granted it's only got 200 hp, it screams classy as well.. my personal life and the things I've gone through cost a lot of money to talk about so I'm not even going to respond to any negativity. If anybody has any helpful criticism in the form of suggestions I'm all ears, I came here for experienced, "I already ~~~~ed up don't do this, do this" Kind of advice. I feel a smart individual, would hear every single sc owner out to gather information, but please be informative... I don't have feelings, just a brain yearning for more knowledge, and if possible, some wisdom... please try to understand.
The advice ithers are giving you on getting it over 400 rwhp is the real deal it costs more money per hp than alit of cars. My car has a t56 6 speed and made 470 hp tq last year. I just went through the motor and several other aspects of the car and hope to get it over 500. It is possible but just set one goal at a time and do what you can.

The advice ithers are giving you on getting it over 400 rwhp is the real deal it costs more money per hp than alit of cars. My car has a t56 6 speed and made 470 hp tq last year. I just went through the motor and several other aspects of the car and hope to get it over 500. It is possible but just set one goal at a time and do what you can.

I'm going to take videos once the car gets here and really get at it... all I can see in my mind is cleaning and replacing so many little things before I get to the actual upgrades... what to do about paint for real though? What if the drive gear was broken before the car even got banged on and never reported? I'm thinking worse case scenario, but even if it was only a year ago since the last checkup... it really might be a nightmare.. sad to say, but if I can just get it running with good tires my Coworkers dad will jump on the chance to buy it for what I paid, he has a truck... I have some jordans.. not by choice either. Js if this is my daily, and my project.. I won't let it sit for long, but I'm afraid of the unkown. I feel the hg and arp studs would be top of my list I heard addressing problems before they happen is better than braking more parts.

Parts I know I will need:
sc specific tires or new rims with tires deep dish only.
Passenger side door lock
Left front fender
New headlights and tailights (I'm picky)
Cai because idk if it comes with the intake or what..
Exaust for the sc (extremely picky)
Iac valve if I don't find the one we confirmed isn't in the photo.
MLS hg's
Arp studs

Last edited:
Suggest you order the Factory Service Manual and the EVATM for 1993. These will give you a good idea of how to correctly mend issues that will come up. Reading through the FAQ's and use the search engine on this site is a huge help as well.
Setting realistic goals is key. Good that you are stepping up for extra shifts. Takes coin to play with SC's.
Creighton

I'm going to take videos once the car gets here and really get at it... all I can see in my mind is cleaning and replacing so many little things before I get to the actual upgrades... what to do about paint for real though? What if the drive gear was broken before the car even got banged on and never reported? I'm thinking worse case scenario, but even if it was only a year ago since the last checkup... it really might be a nightmare.. sad to say, but if I can just get it running with good tires my Coworkers dad will jump on the chance to buy it for what I paid, he has a truck... I have some jordans.. not by choice either. Js if this is my daily, and my project.. I won't let it sit for long, but I'm afraid of the unkown. I feel the hg and arp studs would be top of my list I heard addressing problems before they happen is better than braking more parts.

Parts I know I will need:
sc specific tires or new rims with tires deep dish only.
Passenger side door lock
Left front fender
New headlights and tailights (I'm picky)
Cai because idk if it comes with the intake or what..
Exaust for the sc (extremely picky)
Iac valve if I don't find the one we confirmed isn't in the photo.
MLS hg's
Arp studs

Keep in mind, if you want to run MLS gaskets you will have to have the block decked as well as the heads. I've never had any issues running the regular old Fel-Pro's and a new set of bolts, but I also wasn't making serious power either. Just a late model blower, early pulley, injectors, and a sampling tube (before I was aware of proper tuning). No idea how much power I was making, but it felt pretty good.

The first thing I would address is the fact that your IAC is missing. That's usually a sign that someone couldn't get the car to idle correctly under the computer's control. So they pull it and adjust the idle with the stop screw. Its a Band-Aid fix for an underlying problem.

Most of us get our exhaust through either SuperCoupe Performance for a complete system, or Tru-Bendz for the mandrel bent piping and add your own mufflers, resonators, etc. Victor at Spinning Wheels might have exhaust systems too, I can't remember off the top of my head.

Any kind of custom tuning or engine work XR7Dave at SuperCoupes Unlimited Inc. is the place to go. He can even tune remotely depending on your needs.

If you need wiring diagrams or any in depth resource's you can access them through the paid member area. Just the diagrams are well worth the $15 bucks in my opinion.

Keep in mind, if you want to run MLS gaskets you will have to have the block decked as well as the heads. I've never had any issues running the regular old Fel-Pro's and a new set of bolts, but I also wasn't making serious power either. Just a late model blower, early pulley, injectors, and a sampling tube (before I was aware of proper tuning). No idea how much power I was making, but it felt pretty good.

The first thing I would address is the fact that your IAC is missing. That's usually a sign that someone couldn't get the car to idle correctly under the computer's control. So they pull it and adjust the idle with the stop screw. Its a Band-Aid fix for an underlying problem.

Most of us get our exhaust through either SuperCoupe Performance for a complete system, or Tru-Bendz for the mandrel bent piping and add your own mufflers, resonators, etc. Victor at Spinning Wheels might have exhaust systems too, I can't remember off the top of my head.

Any kind of custom tuning or engine work XR7Dave at SuperCoupes Unlimited Inc. is the place to go. He can even tune remotely depending on your needs.

If you need wiring diagrams or any in depth resource's you can access them through the paid member area. Just the diagrams are well worth the $15 bucks in my opinion.

Thank you for both of your inputs. I understood everything yall said and yes, it is helping as I have been searching all the forums on tccoa, grassroots, sccoa.com.. and others about supercoupe restoration projects and all that. Ive looked at the awd, ranger, 7.6l cobra jet swap.. almost everything.. all that is left is the membership area, which I will get too when paycheck hits.

I just contacted him. He removed the iac valve for the supercharger build, he is going to help me get it running and everything next friday when I get my paycheck. I've been tossing alot of questions at him in the middle of all of it. He has been pretty responsive when he can be. I am just eager to start replacing things.. this is my first special project. In the past I've had:

96 camry bleh..
92 miata (ls1 swap bound, but got distracted by...)
95 eagle talon tsi awd (first boost addiction)
92 del sol si (built engine, very fun car)
00 neon bleh
88 corolla with mr2 motor
92 ranger 5 speed 2.3
92 honda accord 5 speed lx f22a4

Now.. finally a car worth throwing a year of work into if I have to.. it would always come in handy for a coyote or termy swap if I keep it for five more years, problems to come anticipated, but I'm not scared. I'm devoted to making a name for my skills. My eye for detail.

Last edited:
Tbh, I've reconsidered serious power.. I want it back to stock condition like the dealership used to want, not a spot of anything unattractive, all new parts if anything is pulled, bolts especially, then one day... ill weigh the cost of fully upgraded sc vs termy swap twin turbo.

Last edited:
One thing I forgot is if even having every tool known to man the SC needs a few more :). Budget for that. Cutting and pasting important bits into a doc helps. SC's are tough but the satisfaction of owning driving one makes up for the bad moments.
Creighton

Tbh, I've reconsidered serious power.. I want it back to stock condition like the dealership used to want, not a spot of anything unattractive, all new parts if anything is pulled, bolts especially, then one day... ill weigh the cost of fully upgraded sc vs termy swap twin turbo.

Boy, this thread is really on topic. Call you dr. Kenny and mr. Paul. This would be nice and it's an easy swap. You'll need the inlet plenum to match for $75-100. Gut your cats replace your resonator.

"S-Port" Magnuson Eaton Supercharger Rotor Pack Housing Thunderbird Super Coupe

https://www.ebay.com/itm/122485929903

Are you actually selling this car? Do you actually own this car? Do you have a title?

I'm considering all options at this point. In every equation it's wroth keeping most likely. Yes I own. yes my title. I'm going to post the vin soon as I can.

Boy, this thread is really on topic. Call you dr. Kenny and mr. Paul. This would be nice and it's an easy swap. You'll need the inlet plenum to match for $75-100. Gut your cats replace your resonator.

"S-Port" Magnuson Eaton Supercharger Rotor Pack Housing Thunderbird Super Coupe

https://www.ebay.com/itm/122485929903

I was just looking at all the upgrades for the m90, intake, and tb for the sc. I figure while I have it apart, might as well prepare for a better flow!!!

I was just looking at all the upgrades for the m90, intake, and tb for the sc. I figure while I have it apart, might as well prepare for a better flow!!!

Ok so I got the ~~~~ finally straightened out. The car will get dropped off friday. I'm excited to finally get started on this thing.

Last edited:
Are you actually selling this car? Do you actually own this car? Do you have a title?

Update, I have the keys and title, car is parked in my front yard. I have $300 left. I'm planning to fix it up and show off my skills. As is, $1500 as it will have the iac valve and tires by monday. All it needs is cosmetic then.

Sometimes ya just have to shake your head and walk away......

Every time I get on this forum for advice I end up doing that. Only 1 out of 4 replies is ever helpful. The rest are just talking about how crazy I sound for buying an SC and wanting to actually make it a decent daily driver...noooooo that's crazy. Car is not for sale anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back