What else should I do while my SC is all over the driveway???(in pieces)

sizemoremk

What else should I do! I'm changing motor mounts, and I have exhaust off, power steering pump off, SC Tubes off....

I'm gonna be porting the manifold collectors....
I didn't realize that the cats where connected to the resonator, been awhile since under there, I forgot...

Should I just take the cats with resonator attached, along with my new resonator to the exaust shop, and tell em to copy this? Or will I have to take the car to em??? I figure they won't ask any questions if I do it this way, and it might be a little cheaper...

I would go ahead with HGs becasue this had been a bastard! Its rusty under there, compared to my 91 lincoln towncar!!! what all else do I need to remove to get to the HGs??? How much of a basard is it to remove the SC and intake?????

I haven't done my exhaust yet, but I would suggest to take the car to the shop. That's what I'm going to do. If you just take the exhaust to them to copy, it might not be exactly the same, and when YOU go to put it on, it might not fit up right. Plus it'll save you the aggravation of putting it on yourself!

Well if I'm driving the car, the shop may not exclude cats for me...

I don't mind boltin the stuff back up, that's chump work after all this.....

The HG's can be a pain. You have to remove all the accessory brackets (or just unbot the and let them hang) and of course the intake and heads. If your car doesn't have EGR removing the SC isn't that bad. THere are 3 bolts to the lower intake on the inlet and 2 on the SC. If you do have EGR you need to remove the tube for it (I couldn't get a wrench in there so I finally got pissed and broke the damn thing It will not be going back on when I get done)

The HG's can be a pain. You have to remove all the accessory brackets (or just unbot the and let them hang) and of course the intake and heads. If your car doesn't have EGR removing the SC isn't that bad. THere are 3 bolts to the lower intake on the inlet and 2 on the SC. If you do have EGR you need to remove the tube for it (I couldn't get a wrench in there so I finally got pissed and broke the damn thing It will not be going back on when I get done)

I've got a couple of the egr delete plates you can have one for 3$ to cover the shipping/envelope. Pm me if you want one! The tube unscrew the nut from the manifold use a hack saw and cut the tube so it will slide out and use the nut that the tube passed through and silicone two pennies stacked inside the nut (,rtv mainly just holds the in place.the copper is soft and will smash to seal) then you have no leaks and its cheap fix the flare nut is hard to find a cap for because its an oddball size 5/8 flare and the caps we found are not deep enough to start on the threads so the .02 method works great

Back