Carlisle Show Field Winners - 2017

Congrats to all! Some very nice cars on that list, and a few I don't recognize. Anyone take pics of the winners?

thanks tim

Did they have categories for the SC'd xr7's as well?

There's a lot of time in everyone's cars, and at Carlisle it shows. Glad to see some recognition guys. Congrats everyone.

Tom

Congrats to all! Some very nice cars on that list, and a few I don't recognize. Anyone take pics of the winners?

I was third in the 92-93 SC's. I'm new to the "registered" community, and this was my first show I took it to. It needs paint and body work yet, but I figured I put enough time and money into it to get it where it's even at today so I showed it. Been in the family since 94 so I essentially grew up in it.

Attachments

• 20170603_135746.jpeg
    20170603_135746.jpeg
    133.1 KB · Views: 396
  • 20170603_135735.jpg
    20170603_135735.jpg
    281.9 KB · Views: 346
Love the black. Thanks for the pics.

Might want to check the driver side motor mount...engine looks to be leaning that way.

Ken

yeah I love black cars, and I don't care how hard they are to keep clean or how hot they get.

I do see what you see. I think it's just the angle of how the picture was taken though (up and on the passenger side), and the driver's side was on the downward slope of the hill. Everything under the hood was removed 3 years ago, and if it was broken/didn't work/water logged/etc, it was replaced. The original motor mounts were still on it, and when the engine came out, the mounts pretty much disintegrated so they're brand new. The engine is a special order reman straight from Ford. After it sat for almost 4 years with blown head gaskets along with knowing I'm never parting with it, I figured I'd just gut it.

No pics of just the winners. Winners are announced Sunday morning and most folks have a long drive and don't come to the fairgrounds Sunday any longer. Here's a few general pics though. We had 12 SCs and one XR7.

2017-06-03 12.23.46.jpg
2017-06-03 12.23.06.jpg
2017-06-03 12.25.02.jpg
2017-06-03 18.11.16.jpg
2017-06-03 18.46.19.jpg

yeah I love black cars, and I don't care how hard they are to keep clean or how hot they get.

...the mounts pretty much disintegrated so they're brand new. .

Sounds good, should be no issue, then.

Yes, I love my black/silver '90 Anny, and keeping it clean is always worth the effort.

I am looking forward to next year already. The Wife wants to book the hotel room soon.

I lost count of the thousands I put into my car. I have posts here of the frame up restoration and picts at ECRTCC of the major work I did last year. Yet, I am still pouring money in the heads and MP SC update. Gotta love a car to waste money in something that will never pay you back if u sold it. But the fun is worth it.

I am looking forward to next year already.

Same feeling here. I was looking at hotels yesterday. Let me know of anything in our area that's going on. I'm thinking of doing Das Awschkt this year, at least Saturday since I just make the model year this year.

Car looks good Tyler! Reminds me of mine, we'll have to park next to each other next year. :cool:

Thanks for sharing the pictures Pat. I notice I used to to take soooo many more pictures back in the day so it's nice to steal some others to add to the Carlisle 2017 folder. :D

Thank you, and yes, for sure we'll get them together next year. I definitely want to stick around a little more, and meet everybody. I probably won't show my truck again, at least until it's older, so that'll free up some time. Maybe I can pull something together to have it repainted by then too...here's hopin' at least. :rolleyes:

Back