Thread: Calling old time members, let's step into the way back machine.

Calling old time members, let's step into the way back machine.

Hey guys remember me? Well I'm sure some of you might. Anyway I was wondering if any of you guys like Duffy, The Dave's, Pro Street Rich, and all. Do any of you guys remember a Grand Prix vs SC/XR7 Shootout back in the late 90's or early 00's. I still miss my SC, even though my GTP is a good car it's no Supercoupe.

Jeff

Eluding location at this time but somewhere have a period write-up on same. I'll keep looking but the SC won hands down.
    Creighton

Yeah I don't doubt it the GP isn't very fast there aren't even that many in the 12's and you should see the parrots.

Jeff

that was a long time ago..

that was when these cars still had value in them.. that was when you could not get parts for them.. that was when gas was $4.00 a gal. that was when I built my first big block car. that was when jimmy "D" was the fastest car,in his own mind. those were the good old days... everyone was on this site not face book.. Yes that was a long time ago...Rich
    Too many cars,too little time to drive them. Anything less than 500 cubes is a small block. If you slow down in life you will get run over..

Quote Originally Posted by pro street rich View Post
    that was when these cars still had value in them.. that was when you could not get parts for them.. that was when gas was $4.00 a gal. that was when I built my first big block car. that was when jimmy "D" was the fastest car,in his own mind. those were the good old days... everyone was on this site not face book.. Yes that was a long time ago...Rich
    "Like"

Bravo.

Yeah I remember those days Rich, remember that time we all met in Chicago at Hooters everyone was so friendly here I could say "Who's in this area" and I would meet up with at least a couple of people. These guys are just odd must be because they are all kids or something.

So when did it take place and what were the results. I am about sick of the Grand Prix kids they are a bunch of whiny parrots that can't make a 14 second car run 13's. They have the most asinine ideas about what works and what doesn't. It's too bad it's that way but that's the way it is over there.

Jeff

Hi Jeff,

I'm still around and still making improvements to my 91 SC. Here is a video from Hot Rod Power Tour a few weeks ago, were I told a bunch of Chevy guys I have a 6 cylinder Ford that will do a better burnout.

https://youtu.be/PLOMzh2MNRQ

David
    1991 SC AOD 4.2..2.3 Whipple..........10.910 @ 125.61
    2016 SRT Challenger Hellcat...............707HP/650TQ

My Garage

Quite the contrary. There are GTPs running in the 9s. They can be fast. I really like those cars too. I just prefer the SC/XR7s.
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by J57ltr View Post
    Yeah I don't doubt it the GP isn't very fast there aren't even that many in the 12's and you should see the parrots.

Jeff
    1994 Mk VIII in RCOH
    1990 Cougar XR7 - ALIVE! 325RWHP at current tune
    1981 Rabbit 1.6D + K03 50-60mpg

I'm a blue blooded Ford guy for life, but those 3800 folks can definitely build a fast car.. I just participated in the W-body/3800 gathering earlier this month and some of those 2nd gen GTP guys have some really impressive cars.. and I'm not a Pontiac fan...
    I actually won a trophy for my 98 Touring Sedan.. the only Oldsmobile there!

the SC is a great car, but the 3800 is an impressive beast! I love mine!!