Better late than never...my 95 Chameleon Blue 5speed

CaifanSC

SCCoA Member
I've owned this car since around 2002. I bought it from a guy at Fort Meade base and the car was not running. Full tune up and fuel pump later...I realized it was a broken balancer. It's been relatively reliable and I've driven it on-and-off for years. This week, i picked it back up because I'm doing some work on my other rides...and I had a moment. Made me realize why I bought the car in the first place. I have "project" threads for my other birds but for some reason I never made one for this car...so it's time :).

Pix from a few years back:

And this is what made me have a "moment" today...the car needs tons of work. Full suspension refresh, clear coat is crap, rad is probably getting clogged (needle goes high), interior needs TONS of work, plus many other things. However, the car is still reliably turn-key. I walked out of work today, poped down the windows and opened the sunroof...and drove with a grin the whole way home. It's that violent change in colors in the chameleon paint that I love. From purple to a cool metalic blue depending on sunlight. No matter what other cars I drive, the freakin SC still gives me the fizzies.

I think the next year I will be spending a lot more time and money on this baby to get it back up to snuff worthy of a rare car like this is. This was my dream car back in the day.

Last edited:
Very nice. Like that paint as well. My Pearl Opal. does cool things in light changes but nowhere near Chameleon. Glad it is on the list for save :)
Creighton

Last edited:
Trying to tell from the pics, what colour is the interior? Is it opal grey?

cheers
Ed

Yessir! It's opal grey. As far as I can tell, all options other than cell phone...Premium sound (top model for 95 since no JBL), remote entry, sunroof, auto lamp/dimmer.

Gratuitous picture I took this weekend of the chameleon. It's got that nice play in the colors and it looked nice with the front of my v8Q audi sticking out :).

I'll have to fix the rest of the pictures thanks to photobucket.

yvL4S4A.jpg

Nothing really done to this old girl for a while, other than adding these cool suction cup fasteners so I can display the front tag in the windshield vs having to add the front bracket. Big plans for work in the Chameleon in the next few months though, been gathering a bunch of parts for winter work.

A few gratuitous fall pix!

Do you still own this car? I have a Chameleon Blue 5-speed as well in Topeka, Kansas. I have had it for 23 years.

Back