Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Finally finished

Quote Originally Posted by Quik95SC View Post
    Matt,
    This was the second one. I painted the Orange Crush pearl on my other 95 the same way. The only difference is that I left the trunk lid on for the Orange Crush Pearl job. Everything else was the same way as this one.

I was a little nervous about doing this one, but it came out looking like I had hoped it would.

Smitty
    Still - the orange one is a pearl / metallic color too...little extra challenge!

Anyway - great job my friend!
    Matt Haub
    Shootouts: '09 SS 1st | '10 Mod1 2nd | '11 Bracket 3rd | '12 Bracket 1st | 2013 | '14 Bracket 3rd | 2015 | '16 Bracket 1st & Mod2 2nd | 2017 |
    Black '89 5spd - 281K miles, MPx, E85, Alky-Inj RWHP: ? RWTQ: ? Best 1/4mi:12.521, MPH:107.23mph
    35th Anniversary Auto 46k miles | Red '93 Auto 186k miles
    My Garage

Great job

Colors like that are really hard to match. Sometimes doing whole sides or whole cars is easier than doing just a small section. Looks great!

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by Silver95bird View Post
    Colors like that are really hard to match. Sometimes doing whole sides or whole cars is easier than doing just a small section. Looks great!

Tom
    Tom,
    Your are so very correct, there was no way I was going to try and match 22 year old paint with the new, so I painted everything I could get paint on that had the original color on it. Door Jams, under side of trunk lid, underside of hood and inside engine compartment all got prepped and painted fresh. The only way to do it right!

Thanks,

Smitty
    Venetian Blue 1995 5 Spd...............No ET
    Orange Crush Pearl 1995 Auto SC........11.175 @ 121.85 MPH
    462.54 rwhp, 461.42 tq
    Garage:http://www.sccoa.com/forums/garage_v..._vehicle&id=13

you, I like the way you think.

Quote Originally Posted by Quik95SC View Post
    Tom,
    Your are so very correct, there was no way I was going to try and match 22 year old paint with the new, so I painted everything I could get paint on that had the original color on it. Door Jams, under side of trunk lid, underside of hood and inside engine compartment all got prepped and painted fresh. The only way to do it right!

Thanks,

Smitty
    I do paint for a living, so it's nice to see someone spend that kind of time on a project. It really shows. I've seen a lot of "professional" jobs come through our shop that would scare the daylights out of you. I take pride in my work, I can see you do as well. well done.

Tom