Finally finished

Quik95SC

SCCoA Member
Well I finally finished with the repainting of my 95 5Spd to the original Venetian Blue color. I think it came out very nice for doing it in my driveway.

Here are a few of the finished pics.

Camille finished 2.jpg
Camille finished 1.jpg
PS side.jpg
Camille engine bay.jpg

Last edited:
Excellent! Very inspirational. How much disassembly did you do?

Thank you. On this one front and rear bumper covers, hood , trunk lid, all ground effects, all glass minus windshield and back window came out of it. Battery box, over flow tank, and the stuff on the PS wheel well came out too.

Awesome job, Smitty!

Was this your first serious paint job?

Seems like chameleon would be one of the tougher paint jobs to get right!

Awesome job, Smitty!

Was this your first serious paint job?

Seems like chameleon would be one of the tougher paint jobs to get right!

Matt,
This was the second one. I painted the Orange Crush pearl on my other 95 the same way. The only difference is that I left the trunk lid on for the Orange Crush Pearl job. Everything else was the same way as this one.

I was a little nervous about doing this one, but it came out looking like I had hoped it would.

Smitty

Matt,
This was the second one. I painted the Orange Crush pearl on my other 95 the same way. The only difference is that I left the trunk lid on for the Orange Crush Pearl job. Everything else was the same way as this one.

I was a little nervous about doing this one, but it came out looking like I had hoped it would.

Smitty

Still - the orange one is a pearl / metallic color too...little extra challenge! :)

Anyway - great job my friend!

Great job

Colors like that are really hard to match. Sometimes doing whole sides or whole cars is easier than doing just a small section. Looks great!

Tom

Colors like that are really hard to match. Sometimes doing whole sides or whole cars is easier than doing just a small section. Looks great!

Tom

Tom,
Your are so very correct, there was no way I was going to try and match 22 year old paint with the new, so I painted everything I could get paint on that had the original color on it. Door Jams, under side of trunk lid, underside of hood and inside engine compartment all got prepped and painted fresh. The only way to do it right!

Thanks,

Smitty

you, I like the way you think.

Tom,
Your are so very correct, there was no way I was going to try and match 22 year old paint with the new, so I painted everything I could get paint on that had the original color on it. Door Jams, under side of trunk lid, underside of hood and inside engine compartment all got prepped and painted fresh. The only way to do it right!

Thanks,

Smitty

I do paint for a living, so it's nice to see someone spend that kind of time on a project. It really shows. I've seen a lot of "professional" jobs come through our shop that would scare the daylights out of you. I take pride in my work, I can see you do as well. well done.

Tom

Back