1994 Super Coupe w/ nice modifications and low mileage

Ira R.

For those of you who have been asking all these years that you wanted to be notified when I decided to let the car go, well here's your chance to get in on the sale before anyone else. Let's start by saying that the car has been modified and here is where you can see a complete list of what's been done:

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/garage_vehicle.php?do=view_vehicle&id=81

Without listing everything that has been done to the car which can be found in the link, above, here are a couple of highlights and things you should know:

THE GOOD:
Engine has 34k on a Dave Dalke build. I believe the last dyno run was about 310 rwhp. This was down about 15 hp because we replaced the FMIC with a double intercooler. Power was not important, but ice cold a/c was, and that's what we have in any outside temperature and in any traffic.

Transmission was just overhauled, less than 500 miles ago. Replaced bearings, synchros and such.

Custom leather interior and embroidery is in great shape. This includes not only the front seat covers but the rear seat, doors & quarter panels too.

Brand new tires with less than 1k miles on them.
----------
THE ANNOYING
Low Coolant Light flashes. No idea why, both the tank and the connections have been replaced.

Check Engine Light flashes. No idea why. Over the past year we have run the codes more times than I can count and it never returns any useful information.

Automatic electric antenna does not work.

Center console latch needs to be replaced.

OEM radio w/CD player skips occasionally, depending on the size of the bump in the road.
----------
THE BAD
The car is dent free, but it's starting to show that the paint job was not the best. The paint on the car has been cut up (parking lot style) and you can see the original paint coming through and the beginnings of a touch of rust around the moldings. Both door moldings should be removed, sanded and repainted. I will post pictures of this later. (They're posted in a link a few posts down)
==============

This is great car with excellent street manners and it will still blow the tires off the car if you choose to. It has never seriously been raced so I don't have a 1/4 mile time to advertise. But it has made it to the Shoot Out several times, over 1200 miles round trip and gotten me home again each time. And it has brought home more than a few trophies from a variety of car shows for looks tough. For me information send me a PM and I will be happy to discuss it with you.

Listing price is $7,500. PM me here or reach out to ira(dot)robinson[at]gmail(dot)com

Last edited:
I will trade you either one of Matt Haub's cars for your car. You will need to go and pick up one of Matt's cars and deliver yours to me. Let me know if I can be of any assistance. To sweeten the deal, I'll let you drink Kurt Sunday's beer at the SC Shootout. Thanks again.

I will trade you either one of Matt Haub's cars for your car. You will need to go and pick up one of Matt's cars and deliver yours to me. Let me know if I can be of any assistance. To sweeten the deal, I'll let you drink Kurt Sunday's beer at the SC Shootout. Thanks again.

bwhahaha

My cars are junk! :D

Danielle's Anniversary would be a good trade. I'll tell her of the deal, she might just consider it for you two characters. :p

sc

Well, I'm no good at posting pictures here, so I created a link to a few shots I just took.

https://1drv.ms/a/s!AqlI-RdJsqnas0VsNOptq1lvAQRk

Of course I just realized there aren't any shots of the engine compartment or trunk. I'll add them tomorrow.

wow ira u selling her? ive seen this car a few years ago.....very nice car. smh @ u , i was looking for a car 2 years ago before i bought my 94 ,back when dave had ur car...wish i had the $ now and ur close to me.anywho GLWS.

Hope this goes to someone that will keep it in good shape like you did Ira!!!!

Good luck with the sale!

While I appreciate all the nice comments, I would much rather appreciate someone taking the car home with them. Come on folks, talk to me. I am in a position where I have to sell the car. Take advantage of my good nature! Come steal a great running car that also happens to look nice.

For those of you looking for a car to build, this one is the perfect one to begin with. It does need a little of this and a little of that, so you will be bringing home a car that needs a little normal maintenance and one that you can make better, faster, quicker, prettier!

ira{dot}robinson[at]gmail{dot}com

Think it can be driven back to Iowa? Not the Power Tour, but just driven back?

Absolutely. I drive the car a couple of times a week and I would have no qualms about driving the car that far. In fact if it doesn't sell I have to drive it to FL, about a 1500 mile trip. There is nothing mechanically wrong with the car and that is not why it is for sale.

Last edited:
Back