Race fuel for the shootout

davec73

SCCoA Member
Hey guys I have a sunoco race fuel distributor in my area. I have messed around with alot of different race fuels with my time racing motocross and national EDT as well as with the car. I've used vp primarily but the draw back to the vp fuels have always been that it's leaded or requires a stand alone tune to run that particular fuel like vp Ms 109. Well this year sunoco introduced 260 gt, it is 100 octane unleaded oxygenated race fuel that has a stoich of 14.1 What this means to those that don't know is the stoich is roughly the same as 93 octane pump gas! So to put it simple you can run this race fuel in your car and protect it against detonation and make more power. If you have the ability to tune you can see substantial gains. Please all that are interested lmk and i will bring it to the shootout for you. The price is 60 per 5 gal container delivered to the shootout here is the link
http://www.sunocoracefuels.com/fuel/260-gt

When are you going to be picking it up, David? I might need some depending on a few things.

Thanks for the service! :)

When are you going to be picking it up, David? I might need some depending on a few things.

Thanks for the service! :)
I'm probably going to get it in September two weeks prior to the shootout I'm just trying to see how many people are interested. I will have to place the order the first of September to make sure it gets here in time.

I'm probably going to get it in September two weeks prior to the shootout I'm just trying to see how many people are interested. I will have to place the order the first of September to make sure it gets here in time.

Hopefully I'll know by then - thanks David.

why would you use methanol injection with e85?

I actually use denatured alcohol (ethanol)....extra fuel and extra cooling for now. I expect that the 80# injectors are going to be too small to hit what I'd like for an AFR...probably just big enough for safety, but not big enough for goal.

Next year I plan to get bigger injectors and consider eliminating the alky injection. It's nice being able to get sub-ambient ACT's though. ;)

Not a problem. I was debating that anyway so if you have to make a minimum then just do it. Do you need me to send you a check?

It's not a minimum for me it's the way our gas tanks are made its the pump well and tank need at least ten gal of fuel. my 340 dries the well out and goes a bit lean if i dont have enough fuel. I went to pick fuel up today and the price id 65 per 5 with tax because of Illinois. if you do paypal you can just send it the week before the shootout I dont have to pay for it until then.

What David said. Send me the total $ amount I owe you too, and I'll send it by Paypal. I need the pay pal address also.

Thanks, Ira

Back