95 headlight bypass.

rickbtbird

Is there a way to bypass the headlight running sensor that controls when the head lights come? I want them to come on all the time when you turn on the ignition instead of just at night and manually turn them off using the wheel.

Last edited:
If you are talking about the sensor on the passenger side dash, I already have tape over that one. The lights still do not come on daytime.

Pass. side? It's on the driver's side on early, but if that's it, it seems strange that has no effect. What else have you already tried?

It's still on the driver's side.

From the factory service manual:

The system light sensor amplifier :

Assembly is mounted under a group of slots in the upper instrument panel (04320) in front of the driver.
Must always be exposed to outside light to function properly.

RwP

There's a group of slots above where it says premium sound. I taped that and no difference. Lights don't come on during the daytime.

There's a group of slots above where it says premium sound. I taped that and no difference. Lights don't come on during the daytime.

No.

Look down through the WINDSHIELD.

See those sensors THERE?

One is for the auto lights; one is the sun load for the EATC. (If you don't have EATC, you'll only have one, and it's even easier to pick!)

Cover one; if that doesn't fix it, then uncover it and cover the other one.

And while you're at it, uncover that one above the "PREMIUM SOUND" logo; that's the EATC internal temp sensor!!

And when you get done with all that, GO PICK UP A COPY OF BOTH THE FACTORY SERVICE MANUAL AND THE ELECTRICAL VACUUM TROUBLESHOOTING MANUAL. NOW! Hie thee over to Ebay and pick'em up!

RwP

See diagram below...

Not sure why shielding it doesn't work, tho.

Last edited:
No.

Look down through the WINDSHIELD.

See those sensors THERE?

One is for the auto lights; one is the sun load for the EATC. (If you don't have EATC, you'll only have one, and it's even easier to pick!)

Cover one; if that doesn't fix it, then uncover it and cover the other one.

And while you're at it, uncover that one above the "PREMIUM SOUND" logo; that's the EATC internal temp sensor!!

And when you get done with all that, GO PICK UP A COPY OF BOTH THE FACTORY SERVICE MANUAL AND THE ELECTRICAL VACUUM TROUBLESHOOTING MANUAL. NOW! Hie thee over to Ebay and pick'em up!

RwP

You know, I find your response to be pretty obnoxious. I don't know how old you are but, I wouldn't expect something like that from an adult.

Picture of my dash

Okay Gentlemen. Attached is a picture of my dash from the passenger's side. I hate to be the bearer of bad news but, there's nothing on the driver's side of my dash. There is on the passenger's side a series of slots and a round clean lens.

Attachments

• steak-600_8439_790.jpg
    steak-600_8439_790.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 75
There is on the passenger's side a series of slots and a round clean lens.

Looks like you're in the right area: C274

2010-10-15_104346_95_tb2.gif

The slots and the lens have been taped off and the lights now work as expected whereas before I just had the lens taped off. Thanks!

All's well that end's well - thanks for the followup and good luck w/your ride.

Ken

I'm assuming you want the headlights on for safety reasons? You could always add a daytime running light module from a Canadian car. I just came across a module on ebay two weeks ago. Its plug and play and will keep you from clocking all of that time on your interior and tail lights when its too bright for them to be useful anyway.

Thanks for that. My effort here was to insure my headlights are on all the time. Most states now require your headlights on when you have to turn on your wipers.

Louisiana and Texas at least are.

But, eh, I was taught that back in the 70's ... not so I could see but so others could see ME!

That reminds me, need to fix my chime module in the Dakota; I've forgotten to turn them off a couple of times.

RwP

Back