2017 Upgrades

Jacob_Royer

SCCoA Member
Earlier this year I upgraded to the mp rotor pack and a fresh mpiii. I took the overdrive down from 33% to 25% and managed to gain roughly 2psi of boost and 20rwhp. Not shabby but the only track time I got this year resulted in a worse et but significantly higher mph which left me scratching my head. The only thing I noticed was it seemed like I was spinning alot. Fast forward to power tour and 2nd gear started slipping badly so I limped it home. I believe this was a problem for awhile and why the track times did not improve with added hp but mph did. All the gears work fine other than 2nd. I figure I will never be happy with an m90 on this motor and came across a opertunity to purchase Ken Wagner old 2.3l whipple setup! The car is about to go under the knife again. I have to reroute intercooler pipes also I am about to drop the Transmission to get it fixed. I also picked up a nice zex wet kit so I am ditching the dry setup. Stay tuned things are about to get really serious with this car! I feel like I laid all the groundwork for this with the engine build and fuel system. The only thing I am tossing around right now is to upgrade to a 95 mm throttle body or not.

Attachments

• received_10155365823636832.jpeg
    received_10155365823636832.jpeg
    273.1 KB · Views: 500
We already know this setup is capable of 450 rwhp on a 3.8. Car is gonna be awesome buddy!

It made 450/500tq on a 3.8/non locking auto. I am not sure what Ken made when he ran it. I am hoping for close to 500 without n20 and over 500 with a small shot.

4.2 stroker forged pistons and forged h beam rods
Arp main studs
High volume oil pump

Big valve ported heads
226cfm in the intake side at .600
200cfm @. 300 lift
Comp triple beehive ls springs
. 604/.605 226 duration cam
Arp studs MLS gaskets

3.5" intake 85mm tb
#80 Injectors
340lph pump

Kooks mid length headers
2.5" mandrel bent true dual exhaust with x pipe

3.73s
Wide ratio aod
2800 non locking converter

Swweeeeet! You going to have time to get everything done before the Shootout? I did some serious under-the-hood cleaning this weekend. Trying to make the ole black car pretty finally!

It was always amazing to me how much more power it makes going down the track than a poor M90 or a M112. Its probably the best upgrade to a M90 on the 3.8 that I made, except maybe going turbo

Ken

Swweeeeet! You going to have time to get everything done before the Shootout? I did some serious under-the-hood cleaning this weekend. Trying to make the ole black car pretty finally!

Installing a 25k btu ac in the garage today then the car comes in to go under the knife. I have to drop the tranny this week and hopefully get the m90 stuff off I hope to e mobile again before the end of August so it can be tuned

I think it had a low 12 in it with the m90 I wanted to get there but just saved myself alot of frustration by going twin screw.

Wl I'd post some pics if photo bucket wasn't gay smh... Anyway I got the rear end, driveshaft and exhaust out and tranny drained hopefully drop it tommorw. Also ordered the stuff to run an 8an feed line for fuel

Today I dropped the transmission and removed the mpx! Also I ordered a derale stacked plate tranny cooler and the pipe kit to redo my fmic

Today I dropped the transmission and removed the mpx! Also I ordered a derale stacked plate tranny cooler and the pipe kit to redo my fmic

That's kinda funny...both of our cars are pretty torn apart....less than 2 months till the Shootout and we're ordering the same stuff at the same time. I'm ordering a Derale power steering cooler instead of tranny cooler though....I've not adopted your lifestyle. :D

That's kinda funny...both of our cars are pretty torn apart....less than 2 months till the Shootout and we're ordering the same stuff at the same time. I'm ordering a Derale power steering cooler instead of tranny cooler though....I've not adopted your lifestyle. :D

Honestly I thought about doing away with my ps cooler and oil cooler I think all they do is warmup said fluids even more and create more potential for leaks lol

Honestly I thought about doing away with my ps cooler and oil cooler I think all they do is warmup said fluids even more and create more potential for leaks lol

I thought hard about it too....almost did. I really wanted to do a manual rack too but really really want to keep my big tires and keep it driveable.

At least this way it will look better than all those nasty lines underneath the oil pan. :rolleyes:

Lifestyle??? I'm not the one that bought the pimp edition gold fmic plumbing lol

The gold plating acts like an additional intercooler + insulation from engine bay temperatures. I'm going for sub-zero ACT's :cool: It has nothing to do with my lifestyle!!! Haters gonna hate....:p

KUn2ag.jpg

dc3AyG.jpg

Back