2017 Upgrades

Same thing happened to mine on the way to the shootout in 2014. I determined it was where the EGR hookup was capped off and finally became stressed and blew apart.

Perhaps you recall Vining and I using Beer Cans to patch things up :D. Bud Light Ritas are about a perfect fit!

20141012_114738.jpg

-Tim

Damn... Now that you say that I know that's what happened because the egr fitting is gone lol I completely forgot about it

Same thing happened to mine on the way to the shootout in 2014. I determined it was where the EGR hookup was capped off and finally became stressed and blew apart.

Perhaps you recall Vining and I using Beer Cans to patch things up :D. Bud Light Ritas are about a perfect fit!

View attachment 67726

-Tim

Still rocking the beer can repair? Lol I used a 1 7/8 coupler split in half perfect radius to go over the pipe and tigged it on

Put about 40 miles on it today. More tunning AFR is very safe and its stupid quick with only 16deg of timing in it. Gotta few little things to put back on the car then i think i am going to commute it a few days and data log tweak on the tune etc.

DUuxHY.jpg

My new plate arrived today sweet!

Still rocking the beer can repair? Lol I used a 1 7/8 coupler split in half perfect radius to go over the pipe and tigged it on

I took it to the local muffler shop and had them weld some steel over the hole in a similar way as yours. :D

Like the new tags also!

-Tim

Vo1nYp.jpg

I would have liked to see more but....Looking at the data logs the highest HP pull they only hit 5850rpm and thats just when it really starts to get interesting. Also looks like i had a little belt slip. I found quite a bit of belt dust after the Dyno. But we got enough good information to get the AFR where it needs to be so all is good there.

Last edited:
Back