Shootout time! what do you have left to do?

davec73

SCCoA Member
2017 has been a busy year for me and the car. I rebuilt the motor, went to a 2.1 kenne bell, she sub frame, new wheels, coil over suspension and a bunch of other stuff but those are the high points. however I still have to.....
1. Check duel pump wiring and install kenne bell boost a pump
2. purchase drag slicks and mount
3. install tach signal trigger for 2 step
4. reset tach shift light
5. add new trunk lid and spoiler re wire cut off switch.
6. wash it and load it!

For the first time since I've been attending the shootout I feel somewhat ready lol
https://youtu.be/GZrlvNT5nUI

if that is all I would be happy.

I still have a lot of parts that still need to find their way to my house...lol. I got a three car garage with one car on the lift and parts everywhere.. I spent most of tonight working on the engine tie downs to try to keep this thing where it belongs... The good part is I think I do have all the wiring done, or at least for all the stuff I already have.... someone has already renamed this car as "The Money Pit" Rich

Repair and rebuild transmission
Install bigger trans cooler
Run bigger trans cooler lines
Install 8an fuel line
Install whipple kit
Fab new intercooler pipes
Install nitrous kit
Rebuild Trac lock
Tune the car
Test the car on track

Repair and rebuild transmission
Install bigger trans cooler
Run bigger trans cooler lines
Install 8an fuel line
Install whipple kit
Fab new intercooler pipes
Install nitrous kit
Rebuild Trac lock
Tune the car
Test the car on track
Yeah thats alot in a very small window might want to trim it down a bit lol.

All the things. :eek:

My yearly Shootout To-Do list is longer than ever before....lol. The big items are:

- Replace Power Steering Rack
- Clean up empty engine bay and paint
- Finish the new motor assembly
- Inspect replacement transmission...replace slave cylinder, rear seal
- Install motor / transmission...hook everything up
- Mock-up new FMIC piping and radiator setup...weld everything together
- Rework power steering lines and cooler
- Make sure it runs gud
- Pack-n-Go

Clean and service my trailer that's been sitting for over 4 years.

haul car to work for front end alignment after changing the entire front suspension.

get car to local track for testing, tuning and seat time, Been out of it for over 4 years.

mount new slicks for the shootout.

load trailer with all the stuff that's been taken out over the last 4 years.

most of all get reacquainted with my Red car as it is all new since the last shootout we were at in 2012.

Mike.....

haul car to work for front end alignment after changing the entire front suspension.

get car to local track for testing, tuning and seat time, Been out of it for over 4 years.

most of all get reacquainted with my Red car as it is all new since the last shootout we were at in 2012.

Mike.....

Well then get 're done Mr. Mike! We need to see that car again. Unlike some past years, I don't think you get to cruise past the competition anymore. There are definitely a few cars out there that will make you work. ;)

Mike.....
looking fwd to seeing you mike!

Well then get 're done Mr. Mike! We need to see that car again. Unlike some past years, I don't think you get to cruise past the competition anymore. There are definitely a few cars out there that will make you work. ;)

I hope to see you make it this year!

Mike.....

Mike,

This is great news ! Looking forward to seeing you and how the car runs with the new combo.

David

I know the feeling........like you I've been driving the new toy, you your bike and me my Jeep................:rolleyes:

Keith,

You really need to try and make it this year (15th Anniversary). It looks like we are going to have a lot of the fastest cars attending and I haven't seen yours since installing the 2.3 Whipple.

David

Keith,

You really need to try and make it this year (15th Anniversary). It looks like we are going to have a lot of the fastest cars attending and I haven't seen yours since installing the 2.3 Whipple.

David

+2

If you think you'll miss the Jeep, just haul the SC with it! ;) :p

Back