Shootout time! what do you have left to do?

So I've finally designed and purchased everything I need, I think...so I really need to get to work now.

- Finish sanding/priming/painting the engine bay
- Modify the fuel pump hat connection
- Replace front swaybar bushings
- Install power steering rack
- Install custom 6AN power steering lines and power steering cooler (relocated to left side)
- Weld crankcase vent tubes and fix downpipes to fit better
- Relocate windshield washer reservoir to....somewhere else.
- Rework trunk power feed connections / fusing in engine bay
- Modify valve covers for crankcase vents (after checking vacuum)
- Complete engine assembly
- Install engine / transmission, etc.
- Fabricate radiator mounts
- Mount radiator, route custom SS radiator hoses
- Mount FMIC, route piping, weld, etc.
- Fill Fluids
- Break-in new motor
- Check / tweak tune

There's lots of little things that will drag this effort down too :( Plus, almost two entire weekends will be used up with other things!

I drew most of the FMIC design (to scale, of course) in AutoCAD....tried to minimize cost and waste since I'm doing the stainless. Sad..lol Hopefully it will go smoothly.
FMIC dwg.PNG

Make Tim's car run. So he can then tell me he can't make it anyway.:D

Wash the 96 SC.

Get BE to work again with CDAN4 so I can tune the 96 SC if I need to.

Maybe replace some Ball Joints on 96.

Hmmm i've seen this design before :)

So I've finally designed and purchased everything I need, I think...so I really need to get to work now.

- Finish sanding/priming/painting the engine bay
- Modify the fuel pump hat connection
- Replace front swaybar bushings
- Install power steering rack
- Install custom 6AN power steering lines and power steering cooler (relocated to left side)
- Weld crankcase vent tubes and fix downpipes to fit better
- Relocate windshield washer reservoir to....somewhere else.
- Rework trunk power feed connections / fusing in engine bay
- Modify valve covers for crankcase vents (after checking vacuum)
- Complete engine assembly
- Install engine / transmission, etc.
- Fabricate radiator mounts
- Mount radiator, route custom SS radiator hoses
- Mount FMIC, route piping, weld, etc.
- Fill Fluids
- Break-in new motor
- Check / tweak tune

There's lots of little things that will drag this effort down too :( Plus, almost two entire weekends will be used up with other things!

I drew most of the FMIC design (to scale, of course) in AutoCAD....tried to minimize cost and waste since I'm doing the stainless. Sad..lol Hopefully it will go smoothly.
View attachment 67576

Hmmm i've seen this design before :)

IC piping is routed very similar! I'm going to try to stack them if possible....the radiator very different though. ;) The yellow colored area is the top of the core support and the red is the bottom. I'll have to do some tweaking to get the radiator hose past the IC pipes, I think.

Might try to move the radiator a little further forward even.

Last edited:

Wash the 96 SC.

If he doesnt make it........

Wash the 96 SC.

Whats all this 96 SC business?! %&$#%

knocked a couple more things of the list today.
Kenne Bell boost a pump ✔️
re mounted Taylor kill switch✔️

still to do
MSD tach drivers
hoosier drag slicks
detail and glaze car.
Trailer modifications
install winch power cable on new truck.20170828_164750_resized.jpg20170828_164320_resized.jpg20170828_164841_resized.jpg

Well i got

Hoosiers mounted and balanced✔️
MSD CRAPPED OUT
Painted new trunk lid spoiler and right front fender✔️
Buffed and glazed✔️
Race gas ordered✔️
I am trying to work all the bugs out of the car which just takes time but i installed a new UPR catch can setup that I really like. I have had fuel odor in the cabin of the car for a while and ive got it narowed down to the gap between the hood and the fresh air vent in the passenger cowl. I am also trying to figure out why hot air only comes out the defroster no matter what I set it on. some of the other things ive done are matching ignition and key locks and little things like sturdying the door panels. All in all im very happy with the car and really look fwd to seeing everyone!

I need to find a 94 Blue SC 5spd that has less 20k on the ODO perfect paint and body. And swap my engine and styling parts into it. Only got 2 weeks to do it I better get working.

Let's see!

Go do some test and tune tonight, only 1/8th mile, but better than nothing I guess. At least get some tree time in!
Wait on hood to get here in time, so I will have time to prep and paint it.
Clean it up
Load up and haul it there!

Not too bad this year, but this doesn't include all the thrashing that has already happened! LOL

See everyone soon.

Sally, I am still waiting on that 5 year long grudge race! LOL

Smitty

I need to find a 94 Blue SC 5spd that has less 20k on the ODO perfect paint and body. And swap my engine and styling parts into it. Only got 2 weeks to do it I better get working.
Just bring the Blue beast we all know and love brother.

Just bring the Blue beast we all know and love brother.

Yeah I'm being silly, Drove it tonight and I think if I fix the driveline vibes driveshaft I can tolerate most of the concerns music does wonders to cabin noises. The addco bars need to go as well.

Anybody have 89 sway bars they want to sell me and bring to the shootout? I think the rear is the 89 specific. Fronts I thinks 90 and 89 is the same.

Things to do to the SC before shootout:

Re install wiper motor and cowl panels
Reinstall ecu back into its proper location
New rear tires
Detail inside
Glaze and wax
Do some more road tunning
Pickup a spare dis
Install new js belt (looks rough)
Polish new intercooler pipes

My list has shrunk quit a bit down to figuring out a small vacuum related issue with the catch can system. I purchased an ecoboost pcv valve and UPR is sending me the factory click type connected and new beaded line to put it together. There catch can systems have a check valve that functions just like a pcv valve to eliminate all the oil going into the intake and blower.
I am also installing a new digital dis 4 and I'm going to move the activation to the clutch switch. Should be able launch around 4500 rpm consistantlt and may be able to no lift shift if things work out as planned.

Got the heavy stuff washed off the car and the oil changed. Picked up some vp octane boost too. So will just need a quick wash before the trip.

And all my BE stuff works now.

Back