Radio/GPS upgrade

I agree Ken. I saw the aluminum cap at Tbscshop. I really liked the black one with the white lettering, but I got the white plastic one with the stainless bolt. After I received it, I got second thoughts and went back to the site for the black one. It was no longer listed. I didn't see the one you showed in the link. I will say though, I thought it was weird that the cap came with one o-ring. I wasn't sure if it was supposed to go on top or under the cap. I'm not sure it mattered. The cap and bolt weren't o-ring friendly. The o-ring wouldn't seat properly. Part of the o-ring would fall into the hole and I couldn't seal it. To stop the slow leak I had to remove the o-ring. The plastic made a great seal on both the goose neck and the bolt. My original cap didn't have any o-ring either.
I assume you guys have had no leaking problems with the aluminum cap? I would still love to find the black anodized/white lettered cap, but I would hope it was built for 2 o-rings.

Btw, have any of you ever used one of these coolant re-fillers? https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001QFDRS0/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1 OMG!!!!!! It was my first time using one for filling coolant. It was the most unbelievably easy way to refill one of these engines. It was flawless!!! It took about a minute for the coolant to completely and efficiently fill the system.

I also highly recommend these seals to anyone who's had a tough time sealing oil pan or 5-speed drain/fill plugs. Best ones I've ever used. They torque and seal perfectly.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B014S1J4TE/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Ira, maybe a pair of these would seal that cap.

Last edited:
I assume you guys have had no leaking problems with the aluminum cap?

I have two - polished, w/no white lettering, and black w/white lettering (currently installed) - neither has ever leaked. Single (small/thin) o-ring on top. Ran the factory bolt w/the polished cap...running his bolt w/black. This is with a rehab'd thermostat housing that included decking the top/end of the bleed standoff.

Ken

Thanks for the info. I'm still interested in finding one, so it's good to know it's reliable.

I'm still interested in finding one...

Make me an offer on the polished spare I have?

I got it first and then waited for the black, which looks great under the hood of my '90 Anny.

What about the billet sills? Did you get in on those?

Thanks! Auto doesn't have room for extra switches there :-(.
Playing with my new WiFi Endoscope. Fine tool.
Does anyone know if this switch is normally-open. This is Traction Control that will need extending.
Thanks!
Creighton

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    268 KB · Views: 106
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    360.7 KB · Views: 103
Ford loves to make/break circuits thru a ground, so yes, I believe so. Checked your EVTM?

Very true. I learned the hard way when I tied in my new indicator lights. I made the wrong assumption that the individual circuits were the switched 12v feeds to the bulbs and the common on the bulbs would be the ground but the common fed 12v to all the bulbs. The new LEDs were doing strange things. I was able to fix it when I realized the switches were on the ground side. I

Make me an offer on the polished spare I have?

I got it first and then waited for the black, which looks great under the hood of my '90 Anny.

What about the billet sills? Did you get in on those?

Tell ya what...how much would you like for the polished one?

I know nothing about any billet sills. This is the first I've heard of them.

U-Haul rents trucks too, don't they ;)

Things are looking better. By buddy agreed to let me use his truck and trailer. Barring any unexpected issues with that deal, I should be able to make it to the Shootout. :D

Back