Front ABS Sensors?

atlantis737

Hello,

I am trying to reinstall the front ABS sensors on a 1993 XR-7 3.8L

I can't find new or even used sensors anywhere online, so I am trying to use the sensors that were in the trunk when I bought the car. They have opposite plugs, I can plug them into each other. I am not sure if this is what they are supposed to be like, it seems to me that they should have the same plugs. Second, I can't find where they plug into the wiring harness. Any help with these questions, or help finding a set of new sensors, would be appreciated.

Thank you!

EDIT: does anyone know the motorcraft part numbers for the left and right side? It looks to me like BRAB50 is for the left side and BRAB24 is for the right. But I'm not sure...

Last edited:
Good aternoon

ABS sensor Part numbers:

1. Right. F6SZ2C304XX. Example suffix AA
2. Left. F3LY2C204X. Example suffix B

Both are unavailable from FORD. The rear is available from ROCK AUTO.

I would try the wanted section of the forums.

This is how I found the sensor connectors.

Lift and support the front of the car with jack stands. Remove the wheel(s). I traced the sensor cable from the spindle going to the radiator support.

Remove the push pins to the composite black/gray air diverter cover located each side of of the radiator support.

Pull the diverter slightly out of the way and with a flash light look at the left and right of the bottom radiator support for 2 electrical connectors. I did this for reference.

Disconnect from the bottom the the front bumper cover openings next to the air dam.

Good Luck.

Back