Heat pouring out of center console

sonrider657

Another Mark VIII problem: Heat constantly comes from the center console in my 1997 Mark VIII; a lot of heat. If feels like the heater is on full-blast and exiting into the console but there is no "wind", just heat. Both the AC and heat work normally but the AC is barely enough to overcome the heat emitting from the center console.

I know that Mark VIII's are notorious for blend door failures. The guy I just bought the car from said that he just had the blend door fixed before I bought it so I suspect this has something to do with it but since the HVAC seems to function correctly, I am perplexed.

Any ideas?

How about a blend door problem due to a faulty vacuum line or ruputured diaphragm. Or a malfunctioning climate control.

heat

I have a 93 SC 78000 mi , 5 speed manual. Alot of heat inside of console and by shifter. removed console and shifter cover. Stock, there is no insulation around the shifter . So I surrounded the shifter with insulation I pulled from a SC at pick n pull. I also added more insulation under the console. The heat problem is gone. Hope this helps. My SC is completely stock low mileage car.

Back