Car cover

91BlackSC

Hello everyone. It has been many years since I have posted here, but, I am going to be buying a 1991 SC shortly. I have owned an 89 and 91 in the past.

My question to all of you is, what is a good car cover for these vehicles? I want to have something for it when it sits in storage.

Hoping to get the expert opinions from all of you!

Thank you

David,

Thank you for the information. I will search for this type of cover and see what I can come up with.

Thanks again,

Pierre

I'm using one from Budge on my '90 Anny now - general fit (directional), with no mirror pockets. Their price range is $33 to $172:

https://www.budgecovers.com/car-covers/ford/thunderbird/1991

If the SC is just going to sit inside, the $33 cover should be fine for basic use. Grade up depending on your specific needs.

Ken

Thanks for this information. Unfortunately (for now), it will be outside, so, I will need a cover that is more durable. I will check these out as well.

Pierre

Unfortunately (for now), it will be outside

Arrggg...you said indoors.

I'm using their $75 Rain Barrier® Car Cover (RSD-4) outdoors, in a carport - on sale now w/free shipping.

Note too that I haven't seen an anny cover for less than $300 for some time now ;)

Arrggg...you said indoors.

I'm using their $75 Rain Barrier® Car Cover (RSD-4) outdoors, in a carport - on sale now w/free shipping.

Note too that I haven't seen an anny cover for less than $300 for some time now ;)

OK, so the Rain Barrier Car Cover is on sale for $75, with free shipping, correct?

Also, where did you get your carport from?

Yes, that's what the site says right now. You might want to also order some extra bungees from them too, if wind is an issue. I use a thin cord under the middle that is tied to one grommet and clipped to the other, with two short bungees, center front and rear.

Carport came w/the property.

Yes, that's what the site says right now. You might want to also order some extra bungees from them too, if wind is an issue. I use a thin cord under the middle that is tied to one grommet and clipped to the other, with two short bungees, center front and rear.

Carport came w/the property.

After I read your response, I went to the site and checked it out. I see the one you have, plus, all of the others they offer. Also saw the bungees and clips they have, along with cable and lock kit. Looks like I will be researching all of these options they have to offer and go from there!

That's cool it came with the property.

Just to let all of you know, I ended up going with one from Budge. I received it yesterday. Now, I just have to wait for the current owner to return from being up north, here in Michigan, so we can finally seal the deal!

Boy, I can't wait.....

Thanks for the update - I rcvd. another new one from Budge yesterday. Won't use it until the eventual wet season sets in here in the PNW.

Good luck w/your SC - hope the deal seals soon.

Ken

Thanks again to all of you! I feel really great about getting back in to a SC.

I'm hoping the deal seals by this coming Friday, September 8, if things go as planned. It has been way too long!!!

Pierre

Update to sealing the deal..... I spoke with the lady today about setting up a time to purchase the vehicle. She stated she is now staying up north until Sunday, and, coming home late that night....UGH! I cannot wait anymore, LOL!!! :eek:

She was originally supposed to come back home today. We set up a time for Monday, September 11. I know it's just a few more days, but, really thought it would have been late this week, that I could've had the vehicle. Oh well.

I've waited this long, a few more days won't hurt! :D

Pierre

Back