4R70W from 1995 T-bird SC

Broncojohnny

Last year I picked up a 1995 Thunderbird SC parts car for the engine. My car is a stick shift. I got this 4R70W with the car and can't use it. The previous owner mentioned that this transmission was rebuilt just prior to the parts car being wrecked. The input shaft and convertor look very clean and could be new. Obviously because the car was wrecked, I had no way to test this transmission. I figure if someone here needs a transmission and is going to just get one from a wrecking yard, this would be a good one to take a gamble on. $200 and I can strap it to a pallet and arrange truck shipping if required. Transmission is in Denton, TX.

Attachments

• tranny2.JPG
    tranny2.JPG
    71.7 KB · Views: 458
  • image1.JPG
    image1.JPG
    95.9 KB · Views: 458
  • tranny3.JPG
    tranny3.JPG
    99.4 KB · Views: 467
If no one has bought this from you by Oct 1st, I'll take it off your hands.

What about by September 16th assuming you are in St. Louis? Lol, I say that because I am coming to the roadkill zip tie drags at Gateway Motorsports Park on September 16th and I can bring this with me if you would like. It would save a lot of trouble!

I completely forgot about this. I have cash on hand. You wouldn't happen to have plans to mosey on up north in in the foreseeable future, would you?

Not right now but that could change soon. I just ran up through there to Peoria IL about two months ago. Send me your contact info and I'll get in touch with you once I have another road trip scheduled.

Also, if you head down this way to Oklahoma or Arkansas I am willing to meet you somewhere in the middle, just let me know.

Last edited:
I still have this trans and will be driving to the PRI show in Indianapolis in the first half of December. Then I'll be going over to Peoria, IL to pick up some parts after the show. I'll be coming from Dallas, I can deliver anywhere along the way for free.

I still have this trans and will be driving to the PRI show in Indianapolis in the first half of December. Then I'll be going over to Peoria, IL to pick up some parts after the show. I'll be coming from Dallas, I can deliver anywhere along the way for free.

Yup, I'll still take it. I'm right off I-55 & I-255 in south St. Louis county. We can work out the details as we get close to you heading up this way. My poor bird has been sitting since march, the transmission finally gave out. That, of course, gave me a reason to buy another vehicle. I've been driving my sc a daily for the past 17 years, and it sucks not driving it.

Yup, I'll still take it. I'm right off I-55 & I-255 in south St. Louis county. We can work out the details as we get close to you heading up this way. My poor bird has been sitting since march, the transmission finally gave out. That, of course, gave me a reason to buy another vehicle. I've been driving my sc a daily for the past 17 years, and it sucks not driving it.

Sounds good, the PRI show is December 12-14th so I'll probably roll through town on the 11th. I'll be coming up 44 but can swing over that way no problem.

I left you a voicemail earlier this week. If you still want it, give me a call.

Back