Thread: Possibly Purchase a Supercoupe, LMK Your thoughts...

Possibly Purchase a Supercoupe, LMK Your thoughts...

So I have the opportunity to buy a Supercoupe. I believe it is a 91 5-speed or so, it is a 1 owner car, the gentlemen I met with told me all about its history. The mileage isn't hateful and the head gasket job has been completed not to long ago. I don't remember specifically the miles, but if I recall correctly it is under 150k. It took a front end hit, so the headlights, the hood, and a fender require replacement. I did not see any damage to the bumper, it looks to have stayed up above a bit. The paint has clear coat issues, and it has an exhaust leak on the right side of the motor, more towards the front. The original owners kid was driving it around, he was the one who wrecked it. The clear coat is gone, but the car shows no rust, but may need a few of the typical suspension bits (Front UCA's maybe a tie rod or a bushing here or there). Interior is in good shape, the power antenna still works. I have the guy down to 600$, he was at $1500. What do you forum member think this car is worth with a repaired front end, and the exhaust issue squared away? I may buy it and flip it after some repairs, I am considering buying it and maybe giving it to my dad to thank him for, you know, being my dad, I feel like if I don't take this opportunity I will regret it.

So let the talks begin, talk me into it, or talk me out of it. I know my wife may be highly against it, but if I buy it with intentions of giving it to my dad, she may not oppose it.

Flip it?

You'll make more/make out better, if you part it out, I think...

Good evening

Pictures will be of great help.

Attachment below will get you started.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...h4jSGKYGpRtZKQ

>> I feel like if I don't take this opportunity I will regret it.

There you go. Dads aren't forever sadly. At $600 can't go to far wrong.
    Creighton

Quote Originally Posted by JoeyICU View Post
    So I have the opportunity to buy a Supercoupe. I believe it is a 91 5-speed or so, it is a 1 owner car, the gentlemen I met with told me all about its history. The mileage isn't hateful and the head gasket job has been completed not to long ago. I don't remember specifically the miles, but if I recall correctly it is under 150k. It took a front end hit, so the headlights, the hood, and a fender require replacement. I did not see any damage to the bumper, it looks to have stayed up above a bit. The paint has clear coat issues, and it has an exhaust leak on the right side of the motor, more towards the front. The original owners kid was driving it around, he was the one who wrecked it. The clear coat is gone, but the car shows no rust, but may need a few of the typical suspension bits (Front UCA's maybe a tie rod or a bushing here or there). Interior is in good shape, the power antenna still works. I have the guy down to 600$, he was at $1500. What do you forum member think this car is worth with a repaired front end, and the exhaust issue squared away? I may buy it and flip it after some repairs, I am considering buying it and maybe giving it to my dad to thank him for, you know, being my dad, I feel like if I don't take this opportunity I will regret it.

So let the talks begin, talk me into it, or talk me out of it. I know my wife may be highly against it, but if I buy it with intentions of giving it to my dad, she may not oppose it.
    u ever get that super coupe Joey?
    Current: 1993 SC 5.0L Auto Red, 1994 SC 5-speed Teal, 1995 SC 5-speed Chameleon Blue
    Old: 89 SC auto Twilight Blue, 89 SC stick Titanium, 90 35th stick, 92 Sport 5.0L stick, 94 SC stick Black, 1994 SC Auto Teal
    Also: 1992 Feature Mustang Convertible 5-speed Vibrant Red, 1991 BMW 850i 6-speed Red, 1994 BMW 850CSi 6-speed Red

www.mamn12.com for your mid-atlantic mn12 needs!