Thread: Abs pump motor

Hybrid View

Abs pump motor

I would like to know if there is anyone else able to rebuild an ABS pump motor? I currently only know of Jose in Texas. Also know I could probably rebuild it myself, but I'd rather not break it worse. Please let me know you or someone you know can do it. Email me.
    johnsonmatt15@gmail.com

Well it looks like the brake system blew out. Looks like fluid is spraying out where the accumulator ball screws into the pump. I think it's swap time.

That's just a $3 o-ring (must be brake fluid safe), 30 minutes time and some brake fluid to top off the reservoir.

But if you're thinking it's hinting at other issues, it might be worth a try in any case. I did write up on accumulator R & R if you need it.

See, I was thinking that could be the issue, but didn't seem right since it is actually quite new. Regardless I think the pump still needs rebuilding. It intermittently chirps

Quote Originally Posted by Matt_aka_Dale View Post
    See, I was thinking that could be the issue, but didn't seem right since it is actually quite new. Regardless I think the pump still needs rebuilding. It intermittently chirps
    If you have the gumption, look up a compatible seal part number and rebuild yourself. The available seal isn't necessarily the preferred material, but its better than an old leaky, and according to the guy who used it, its held up well over a year now.. so whatever. It kind of comes do to not having a better choice. Form there, if your brushes have at least 50% service life left, and your thermal switch is intact, it should be good for a few more years. You'll need a good soldering iron to take the leads off..

Here's what it basically looks like:

Name:  smMotorAssemblyLayout-02.jpg
Views: 105
Size:  95.2 KB

Name:  smBrushCase-02.jpg
Views: 106
Size:  86.3 KB

Will I need any seals for the motor? I saw in a post there is a abs seal rebuild kit available for a Jaguar. Didn't see it on Amazon. I've seen some o-rings in EPDM on eBay.