Thread: time to collect shoot out parts...

time to collect shoot out parts...

So it is getting close to the shoot out... does anyone need any parts that I could bring to the shoot out?? or does anyone else want to jump in here and put together some deals?? this is one way to save shipping and help out the rest of us... So how about it?? who needs what?? if anything???....Rich
    Too many cars,too little time to drive them. Anything less than 500 cubes is a small block. If you slow down in life you will get run over..

Anyone need a set of good late SC wheels with 2 ok tires and 2 that hold air? 100$ picked up at shootout
    93 SC Red Auto 111k
    2013 Shootout Bracket ET First Place
    2015 Shootout Car Show Honerable Mention
    2016 Shootout Mod-1 First Place
    4.2, 2.3 Whipple, 3.73s AOD
    307rwhp 12.70@107.2 (MPX)
    395rwhp Whipple.... et ?????

Aftermarket Wheels

(4) American Racing 17" wheels with 245/45/17 Nitto NT555 tires, they are t-bird bolt pattern and 17"x7.5". You can see there is some cosmetic feathering on them being 245 tires on a 7.5" rim. Make me an offer. Thanks Scott.
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    Last edited by NASTY V6; 08-26-2017 at 10:58 AM.
    Scott Bruhn
    1994 SC

My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NASTY V6 View Post
    (4) American Racing 17" wheels, they are t-bird bolt pattern and 17"x7.5". Tires will come with them but they have dry rot as you can see on the closeup picture it's too bad as there is plenty of tread on them still. Make me an offer. Thanks Scott.
    I don't think that's dry rot. I cant tell in the pics, but are you running 255's on them? My Sumitomo's were manufactured a month before I bought them and had cracking in the exact same spots almost right away. 255/45/17 on a 7.5" rim. I think the stress of the wide tread, narrow rim, thin wall, and heavy car does that. I was told by the tire shop that the cracks were just cosmetic. Weather or not that's true, idk. But, ive been running them like that for 3 years now with no issues.

Quote Originally Posted by TBirdJKC View Post
    I don't think that's dry rot. I cant tell in the pics, but are you running 255's on them? My Sumitomo's were manufactured a month before I bought them and had cracking in the exact same spots almost right away. 255/45/17 on a 7.5" rim. I think the stress of the wide tread, narrow rim, thin wall, and heavy car does that. I was told by the tire shop that the cracks were just cosmetic. Weather or not that's true, idk. But, ive been running them like that for 3 years now with no issues.
    Thanks for the heads up about them possibly being cosmetic and caused by the narrow rim stress, they are 245/45/17's. I too have been driving on them with no issues till I came across a new set of rims that I wanted.
    Scott Bruhn
    1994 SC

My Garage

Anyone looking for Mark 8 LCAs, pumpkin or maybe spare wheels? The junkyard I went to today had a pair of Marks that seemed to have all that stuff, but I didn't have the tools to remove it (and without a magnet to check the spares, I wasn't going to gamble on them being steel).

Quote Originally Posted by Mercutio View Post
    Anyone looking for Mark 8 LCAs, pumpkin or maybe spare wheels? The junkyard I went to today had a pair of Marks that seemed to have all that stuff, but I didn't have the tools to remove it (and without a magnet to check the spares, I wasn't going to gamble on them being steel).

How much for the Lca's?
    93 SC Red Auto 111k
    2013 Shootout Bracket ET First Place
    2015 Shootout Car Show Honerable Mention
    2016 Shootout Mod-1 First Place
    4.2, 2.3 Whipple, 3.73s AOD
    307rwhp 12.70@107.2 (MPX)
    395rwhp Whipple.... et ?????

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob_Royer View Post
    How much for the Lca's?
    I'll have to see what they're going to charge me before I can give you a price. Right now I'm thinking I'll go get them next Saturday. If you want, I'll give you first dibs.